Chapter 20: Best Friends

Jimin's POV:

I woke up lying on my side, and was surprised to find a blurred face in front of mine just a few centimeters away. I hurriedly backed and sat up, but as soon as I regained my clear eyesight, I almost laughed at my own stupidity for having been startled by his face. Jimin, you're actually sharing a room with Jungkook. What's so surprising about that? After calming myself down from the adrenaline rush, I stared at the sleeping person beside me. He was also lying on his side, facing me. Somehow, I find him cute. He really looked like a child sleeping. In moments like this, when he is defenseless and innocent, I can really feel his being the maknae of the group. I found myself just staring into his sleeping face when my alarm suddenly went ringing.

After turning the noisy thing off, I returned to Jungkook to wake him up. I am going for my usual morning jogging sessions, and I thought Jungkook would like to go with me. Of course, there's no need to ask Tae. He'll surely come.

"Hey, Kookie, wake up." I softly said as I tried to wake him up by shaking his shoulders. He didn't respond.

"Kookie, do you want to come with Tae and I to jog?" I asked, still trying to wake him up by shaking him, only this time, I shook him harder. Still, nothing happened. He even murmured something while sleeping, and I didn't understand a word of it. Cute.

"Poor maknae. Is that how lacking in sleep you are? Trying to cherish every moment in bed?" I asked him, even though I know for sure that he can't hear me. Even though I've been with him for only a few months now, I already know that a sleepy Jungkook is the hardest to wake.

"Don't worry, it's ok. Tae will be joining me. Get more sleep, Kookie." I said to him as I leaned down to pat his head. After doing that, I silently headed out of our room to find Tae already waiting for me.

"Good morning, hyung! Where's Jungkook?" Tae asked as he looked behind me from his seat

"Ah... The maknae's asleep. I think he craves for a longer sleep, because I noticed he hasn't been getting good, continuous sleep lately. Something might be bothering him. But yeah, thank god he's doing well resting today." I explained to Tae.

After I said that to Tae, we went out to start jogging. We talked about a lot of things the whole time we were jogging. We talked about the anime Tae was watching, as well as the movie that we watched together in the living room. The topic eventually became about our group – how far we've gotten in the industry, how awesome the fans are, and things like that. We kept on talking about more things until we reached the place where we go to watch the sunrise. We sat there for some time, waiting for the pretty sunrise. We continued talking and laughing about anything that crossed our minds. While watching as the sun rose, I pondered upon how close Tae and I had become. We started being friends since the training days, and we've gotten incredibly close to each other since then. Before, we were only lunch buddies that spent lunch time together in a restaurant. Then, we started going to the training together, walking early in the morning to build our stamina. Then, we became members of the same band. Since then, it became easier for us to become even much closer to each other. We were called the '95 duo', since the both of us were born in the same year, with me only ahead of him for about two months. We really became like brothers, because we were basically inseparable.

"Hyung, have you fully recovered?" Tae suddenly asks. Sometimes, he becomes really serious all of a sudden. It scares me sometimes.

"Uhm... Physically, yes, I think months of jogging have gotten my legs back to shape. But I think I still am not fully recovered, because I still don't remember Jungkook." I said to Tae, whose face suddenly became sadder. What's so sad with what I just said?