Chapter 21: Jealousy

Jungkook's POV:

"Good morning, hyung." I moaned as I stretched my arms up. Last night's sleep felt so good to me – I actually think it was one of the best sleeps I ever got since Jimin woke up. I continued stretching my well-rested limbs until I realized something is missing. Where is Jimin-hyung?

"Hyung? Are you in there?" I asked as I knocked at our bathroom door. There was no response. It seems like Jimin left me alone. He went out to jog without me. Why didn't he wake me up? He should've just told me he wanted to jog! I was mentally having a quarrel with myself when I heard someone knocking at our door. I knew it! Jimin-hyung wouldn't leave without –

"Oh! Good morning, Jungkook!" My excitement immediately faded away when I saw it was Jin who was knocking at our door. "Hey, it's too early to be sad." Jin continued when he noticed my disappointment.

"Good morning, hyung. I was just expecting Jimin-hyung when I heard you knocked." I explained to Jin who was still standing at the doorway. "So, why did you knock?"

"Actually, I was looking for Jimin. I have to cook breakfast, and I need someone to help me cook it." Jin answered.

"But why look for Jimin-hyung? Why not ask Tae-hyung?" I asked him. He gave me a sigh as part of his response.

"I actually wanted to. But the thing is, when I woke up, Tae wasn't in the bed anymore. In fact, he was nowhere to be found inside the house, so I thought I would just ask Jimin to help me." Jin said. "It turns out that the person I was looking for wasn't here as well." He continued.

So, Jimin-hyung is with Tae-hyung? They jogged without me? But why? Jimin-hyung can easily wake me up when he wanted me to come with them. Does that mean he doesn't want me to be with them? Do they have to have some alone time? What are they talking about right now? Those questions suddenly flooded my mind when Jin told me that Tae wasn't home when he woke up. Jimin has to have an explanation for this. There has to be a reason as to why he didn't want me to come with them.

"Hey, Jungkook, can you hear me?" Jin asked as he waved his hand in front of my, making me snap back to reality after my internal monologue.

"Uh... Sorry, hyung. I think I just spaced out. What were you saying?" I asked him.

"I said, do you want to help me? Tae and Jimin are not around, and your hyungs in their rooms are probably still sleeping. I only have you." Jin repeated to me.

I'm still not in my real self, so it took me quite a while to respond to his question. "Uhm... Uh, Yeah. I'll follow you down stairs. I'll just freshen up." I said to him. He nodded and proceeded to the kitchen.

When I got to the kitchen, he was already preparing the ingredients for the breakfast that we are going to cook.

"Here, Jungkook, cut these to smaller pieces. But before you do so, pare them thinly." Jin instructed. I got the vegetables from him, and went to the sink to pare them.

While paring, my mind was still having a conversation with itself. What happened? Does he really want me out of his life? No, Jungkook. Don't jump right into conclusions. I'm sure we were in good terms last night. He doesn't have a reason to hate me. Except... what if...

"YAH! Jungkook! What are you doing?" Jin screamed when he saw what happened to the vegetable in my hand. Apparently, I wasn't paying that much attention to the job he gave to me. I was supposed to pare them THINLY, but what happened is that the vegetable I'm holding is now half in size, with the other half already shredded into thin sheets, because I was mindlessly driving the peeler through the vegetable.