Chapter 28: The Matchmakers part.2

Jungkook's POV:

Is there something wrong today? Why didn't he thank me for filling his bowl with food for him? I asked myself when I gave Jimin his bowl which I filled with food. I always do that for him every meal – it is very seldom that I don't. And every time I do that, he always smiled to me and thanked me. It just makes my day. But, why didn't he thank me now?

I decided to ask him about it. "Hyung, aren't you going to say thanks?" I asked him and gave him an innocent smile. Please say you just forgot about it...

"Oh, yeah, I forgot. Thanks for the food." Jimin answered, and I felt relieved. Thank god he just forgot about it... I was about to go back to eating the food that I just got when Jimin suddenly called me again.

"Jungkook" Jimin said to me, making me turn my head again to face him. He was bearing a serious expression. "I think it's time we talk. Meet me at the porch after dinner." He continued. Right after he said those words to me, he turned his attention back to his food and started eating.

What did hyung just say? What are we going to talk about? What's about to happen? I asked myself these questions as I continued eating. Eventually, I found myself internally smiling at the thought that Jimin and I are going to talk. Privately. I was so excited that I actually hurried to finish my food and go there as soon as possible.

After I finished eating the dinner, I immediately headed to our room. The other members, including Jimin, are still not yet done eating. They were actually quite surprised that I was the first one to finish eating because usually it was Tae and I that finish last because we kept on eating until there's nothing left. When I reached our room, I immediately headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Of course, I have to smell good in front if Jimin later. I have to make a good impression on him. And who knows, maybe we are going to have our first kiss there?

After brushing my teeth, headed to our meeting place – the porch. I noticed that this place have become the place where people talk about their lives, especially during heart-to-heart talks. And if Jimin and I are going to talk in the porch, then maybe we are going to talk about some serious stuff. What if... this is a confession? Should I accept it anyway? Of course! But... what if... this is going to be about the past? What if... he's starting to remember the things that I did to him in the past? Is he going to push me to my death? Yah! Stop thinking about negative things, Jungkook! My mind was full of different thoughts, still thinking about the possible reason why Jimin would want to talk in the porch.

Then, Jimin came to the porch. I can tell that he headed straight to this place after he finished eating. I was waiting for him to talk, so we just stood there in the porch, leaning on the rails and watching the city streets. The air was quite cold in here for a summer night. It was like that – the days are very warm, while the evenings are quite cold. I was starting to feel awkward just standing there and waiting for him to talk, so I turned around to ask him first.

"So... w-what is it that we are going to talk about?" I asked. I was starting to feel nervous but excited at the same time, because I am really thinking of this as a heart-to-heart talk about of feelings. Jimin took a deep breath before he answered me.

"Jungkook, actually..." Jimin said. Actually what? Don't make me so excited hyung! I was mentally screaming, and it was showing because I can feel my fists clenching from the tension and excitement I was feeling.

"Actually, it's about Tae." Jimin finished. Oh, yeah. I thought... I was wrong to expect that this early. I said to myself. The excitement I was feeling earlier was replaced with utter disappointment. I was really disappointed that it wasn't what I was expecting. I hurried through the dinner, and now, it wasn't what I imagined it to be. Not one bit. Not even close. "I thought it was about us." I accidentally said under my breath. When I realized what I just said, my heart started to beat faster. Oh my god... I hope he didn't hear that...