Chapter 44: Epilogue: After All These Years

Jimin's POV:

I woke up in bed feeling a bit warm. I rubbed my eyes, and turned around to see the beautiful man lying beside me. He was still sleeping, of course, being the most difficult person to wake up. Especially now, because I noticed that he's been working really hard with our last albums. He was producing with the three rappers, and I am so proud of him. I don't know why he was suddenly very determined. Maybe he was already preparing for our future. Though that would've made me feel bad. After all, I am still the hyung in our relationship.

I should admit – I am a bit happy that he is a couch potato, because for a few moments after I wake up, I have the chance to just watch him. I just looked at his features, scanning his face. And I never get tired of looking at him. I'll never get enough if this guy named Jungkook.

I turned around and let my hand fall over the edge of the mattress, as I tried to feel for something under the bed. When I touched it, I let out a sigh of relief. He still hasn't noticed it.

It was my gift for Jungkook for this very special day. It was the reason why I woke up at 5 in the morning today, because I was excited. Because exactly five years ago, I thought I will die. Because five years ago, I thought Jungkook would leave me. And five years ago, we finally became an item.

Today is our fifth anniversary as a couple.

I am so excited to see his reaction when he sees my gift from him. And I am excited to give it to him, because it was such an effort to buy that gift.

"Hyung, can you please come with me to the mall?" Tae asked me. I gave him a confused look, because it was a bit random for him to ask me instead of Jin.

"Why me? Why not Jin-hyung?" I asked him. Tae looked at Jin, who was busy cooking something. Tae scooted closer to me and whispered to my ear.

"Hyung, you know about tomorrow right? I need to buy something for him." Tae whispered.

"Yah! You mean your fifth anniversary is tomorrow, and you still haven't bought a gift?!" I asked him, and he tackled me to the ground and held my mouth with his hand.

"SHHH!!! He might hear us!" Tae said in panic. I just laughed at how ridiculous he is. "So... will you come with me?"

I had to think about that for a while. Honestly, at first, I didn't want to, because I want to cuddle with Jungkook forever in our bed. Tae noticed my hesitation, so he went closer to say something again.

"And hyung, isn't it your fifth anniversary is also coming? I can help you buy a gift for you precious Kookie." Tae chuckled. That really caught my attention. After all, he was right. And I need to find a gift for Jungkook for our next anniversary, and it has to be good.

"Ok fine. I'll just tell Kookie that I'll be going with you, and ask him if he wants anything." I answered him. I left him in the living room and went upstairs to my shared room with Jungkook. I found him looking out to the window with his eyes closed.

"Kookie, I'm going to the mall with Tae. Do you want something?" I asked him as I wrapped my arms around his waist for a back hug. Jungkook opened his eyes and turned around to face me.

"And you're not asking me if I want to go too?" Jungkook asked. I just smiled at him.

"Kookie, it's... a best friend thing." I lied to him. I don't want to lie to Jungkook, not in my wildest dreams, but he really can't come with us. Jungkook pouted and pecked me on the lips.

"Ok then. Uhmmm..." Jungkook said as he looked up and seemed to think about a good request. "Oh... can you buy me ice cream?" He asked in a cute way. He didn't have to do that – I would buy him anything he wants anyway.