Chapter 18: Bonds

Taehyung's POV:

It's been over a month since Jimin woke up from his death sleep after the car accident. There are some things that changed since then, especially on how close the members are to each other. I noticed that since that day, when we almost lost Jimin, the members started to become closer with each other. Before, we only talked with each other when we have free time, like during day-offs, or during breaks. Now, we allot more time to free time so that we can bond with each other. During meals, we barely talked. Most of the members are too focused on their food, only I and Jimin talk to make the table a little more alive. Now, we are taking much more time on the table, because more time is spent on chatting with each other. At least, the accident made something good happen.

I also noticed the change with the relationship of Jimin and Jungkook. Somehow it became... better. Before, it was only Jimin who was trying to make any form of communication with Jungkook. He would start a conversation with anything under the sun as the topic. He would pretend as if he accidentally bumped into Jungkook. He would sometimes even tackle Jungkook when Jungkook is in the good mood. All of those efforts, Jungkook just ignored. But that was all back then. Now, both of them are doing things that make them grow closer to each other. Jungkook is now volunteering to go with Jimin during his early-morning jogging sessions. Jimin is now just inviting Jungkook to come with him, but he really doesn't insist if Jungkook doesn't want to. That is, if Jungkook ever will not. Jungkook has been doing his best to give more time to Jimin. If before, it was only Jimin who does everything, now, it's the other way around.

Before the accident, almost all the times that I and Jimin has are devoted either to figuring out a plan on how to make Jungkook notice him, or to uplifting Jimin's spirit after being rejected by Jungkook. We lost the fun part of our friendship. During training days, we often went to the mall after the training, and try the restaurants that can be found there. One restaurant a day. I'm glad it's all coming back to that setting.

Now, we jog in the morning, talking about random things under the sun. We would spent rehearsal days teaching each other (mostly he teaches me). When the lunch break comes, we are the ones to become very excited about the food. Along the way to and from the studio, we would keep on talking about things, mostly silly, random things. When Jin prepares the group's food, the two of us often help him, along with Jungkook. We watch movies together. He joins me when I watch Shingeki No Kyojin, my favorite anime. We may not be going to malls anymore, but the fact that we are on our way back to the fun friendship just makes me feel happy.

Lastly, something new began. I really don't know if it was really new, or it was something that was happening a long time ago but going unnoticed. One thing is for sure... it's very evident now. I would often see them talking about something in the porch. They would seem like talking about something very serious, because they would look like as if crying. They wouldn't even let other members know what they are talking about. They would check for nearby members before proceeding. If they see anyone, they would pause for a while. But if they see either me or Jimin, they smile at us, but I know that smile isn't a friendly one. It actually scares me.

Jungkook and Jin were close before, but not THAT close. Yes, they would talk, yes they would treat each other like brothers, but NO, they don't do heart to heart talks. They never did. But now, most of the evenings after dinner they spent talking with each other, narrating something that seems serious. When I look at them from the living room, they remind me of something, but I wasn't really sure about what it was. The emotion, the scenario, the time, almost everything just seemed... familiar.

"Good morning, hyung!" I said to Jin, who was, as usual, the first member up. Once he wakes up, he would immediately head to the kitchen to cook food for us. But this morning isn't really a usual one.