Chapter 16: Questions

Chapter Text

Jimin's POV:

It felt like it's been a long time since I've bonded with Tae like this. It's like a reunion – like we haven't seen each other for years and we are making up for all the times we missed. I missed this – having time for friends just like the way it was before we became idols.

"Hey, hyung, let's go." Jungkook called to me while I was tying my shoe lace.

"Wait! I'm not done getting dressed!" I answered to him. Jungkook came closer to me and gave me a concerned look.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yes, it just hurts a little. I haven't gotten back the strength of my legs." I said to him while running my hands along my legs, checking at the muscles that seem to get tired very easily.

"Well, that's why we need to jog every day. So we can make your legs strong again." He said to me. After finishing tying my shoelaces, we headed outside to begin the day's jogging session.

"Ok, it's already 5 am. Should we head straight to the cliff?" Jungkook asked.

"Oh, it's quite late already. The sun will be rising in thirty minutes. I think we should jog straight to that place." I replied to him. He nodded and started jogging to the place where we usually go to when we jog. Sometimes, I jog with Tae, sometimes, with Jungkook, sometime, all three of us. I never jogged alone, not after that accident. The accident that I can't remember.

After about twenty minutes of jogging, Jungkook and I reached the cliff where the horizon can be seen clearly. We sat on a long rock that I remembered I set up there myself, when I was still jogging alone. After we're settled on our position, we waited for the sun to rise.

"Hey, hyung, how are you feeling?" Jungkook asked as he looked to my direction. I just kept a straight look at the horizon.

"Well, I'm a bit tired. After jogging for twenty minutes non-stop, you should be feeling tired too!" I answered, making him laugh.

"Actually, I'm not that tired. I've had enough of running from something for some time." Jungkook said. He's trying, but he couldn't hide the slight hint of sadness... of regret in his voice.

"What do you mean? You can tell me, Jungkook. I'm listening." I asked him. He only bowed and closed his eyes. Why won't you tell me?

"It's really nothing hyung. I had a lot of literal running lately, so my stamina has gone up a bit." Jungkook answered as he gave me a bright smile. I was about to say something when I notice a ray of light hit his face.

"Hey, it's starting to rise!" I screamed in excitement the sun started to rise from the horizon. Jungkook got startled when I did that, but he immediately looked towards the horizon. Both of us easily got fixated on the view.

The two of us just kept on staring at the sunrise for some time. Right now, everything just feels right. The warmth that the sunrise gives surrounds me. Looking at the sunrise is my one of my favorite things to do. It brings a feeling of peace. And now, it became extra special because I am looking at it with a friend. With Jungkook.

Then, felt the urge to ask him about our past. Who is Jungkook? What is Jungkook in my life? What are the things that we've done together before the accident?Those are the questions that ran in my mind while we were seated there, seating at the long rock, looking at the sunrise.

Without taking my eyes off the wonderful view, I spoke to ask him. "Hey, Jungkook. Did we used to do this before the accident?" I asked him. I saw him swallow hard when I asked the question to him. After a few moments of him not responding, I asked another question.