Chapter 19: Old Times

Jungkook's POV:

It feels good. It feels good that everything is just back to the way it used to be – when Jimin and I were still happy to be together, with no awkward air hanging around us. Last morning, I jogged with Jimin, and I felt so good, so right to me. Just being around him makes me feel happy. While we jogged, we exchanged stories and conversations, with topics involving anything under the sun. I've always wanted this – spending time with him... spending time with the person I love.

I woke up much earlier this morning than the other mornings. For the first time, I woke up ahead of the person currently sleeping next to me. Jimin would always be the one to wake up first, either to jog, or to help Jin prepare the breakfast. When he jogged, he would do it with me or Tae, or sometimes all three of us jog together. When only the two of us jogged, every second of it feels good except for the last few minutes, because that's the time he would start asking questions about me in the past. He asked me how our relationship was in the past, how we first met, what are the things we used to do together, how close we are, and what I was doing when the accident happened. And of course, I answered none of them. I don't want him to remember, even if it hurts me. I don't want him to feel the hurt he's been through all because of me.

"What the hell... It's just 3:30?" I said to myself upon seeing the time on the alarm clock on our desk. Lately, I haven't been getting good sleep. I always wake up in the middle of the night, while everyone was already in deep slumber. Of course, this only started after Jimin woke up from the accident. Since then, I've never gotten rid of him from my mind. I was always thinking about him, even in my sleep.

Deciding I won't be able to go back to sleep, I stood up and went to the kitchen to have a drink. After drinking, I headed back to our room. Before I entered the room, I heard footsteps from inside Jin's and Tae's shared room. "Jin-hyung must be awake now. Why is he up so early to cook? Or maybe Tae-hyung is just ordering him around again." I said to myself, laughing at the images of Tae stubbornly ordering Jin around that flashed in my mind. After internally laughing for some moments, I opened the door to our room.

"Oh! Good morning, Kookie!" I heard Jimin said to me as soon as I opened the door to find him already dressed in his jogging attire. Just how fast does he move? Did I take that long to stop laughing at Tae-hyung and Jin-hyung? And what the hell did he just call me?!

"Good morning, hyung! Are you going out to jog?" I asked him. There's another question I wanted to ask, but that can wait.

"Yes. Want to come with us?" Jimin answered. Of course I want to... wait... us?

"O-Of course, hyung! Wait for me." I said to him as I went straight to our shower room to freshen up and get dressed. When I got out of the shower room, Jimin was sitting on our bed, waiting for me.

"Ok hyung, I'm ready." I said to him when I got out of the shower room. He looked at me and nodded before heading out of our room. We were greeted by Tae, who was also dressed in his jogging gear. Oh, so that's why you said us...

"Good morning, Jimin-hyung and Jungkook!" Tae greeted us as soon as we got out of our room.

"Good morning!" Jimin and I chorused. "...Hyung." I continued after pausing for a while. That made the three of us laugh.

We headed out of the house and started jogging around the city. While jogging, alongside each other, Tae and Jimin were talking all the time. They would talk about the car that just passed by, or talk about the building that was differently colored compared to the ones beside it. Tae would even talk about scary things that are 'lurking in the dark', as Tae calls them. Being the easily-frightened person that he is, Jimin started putting a distance between him and Tae and closing the distance between him and me. That was one of the few moments that I wanted Tae to keep of scaring Jimin... as long as he would stick closer to me the whole while, it's alright.