Chapter 2: How it all started part 2

Chapter Text

Author's POV:

It's a perfect day. He always loves it when the sun is shining brightly from the blue sky with white fluffy clouds floating around. Today, something will change. Now that he knows what he really wants, nothing will stop him from getting there.

As Jungkook enters the building where his audition will be held, he suddenly felt nervous. He knew has was always ready for this, that this is his destiny, but he couldn't help it but feel worried about what might happen inside the building. What if he makes a mistake? What if his voice suddenly cracks while singing? What if he forgets the next step in his dance routine?

What if he blows his chance of becoming an idol?

He should not. No, he COULD NOT.

He's already performed in his school countless of times before going here. People in his school always comment on how good a dancer he is, or how calming his voice is when he sings.

Thinking about all those compliments that he received made him more inspired. "I'm not gonna let them down!" he said to himself. With that in mind, he decided to practice the routine in his mind while he walks along the halls of the big building.

"Oh, it's about time. Maybe I should go to the audition room now before - " Jungkook said to himself when he was interrupted by someone bumping into him. He exchanged some apologies and quick conversations with the stranger. He was glad that none of them was running when the stranger told him that he knew he was heavy. If one of them was running when they collided, Jungkook might get hurt. He might hurt his ankle or something like that, making his audition less attractive. He also noticed the sweat that nearly covered the stranger. Was he from a performance? Did he audition as well? Jungkook thought, not even realizing how long they were just standing there. Then, he caught a glimpse of the clock that was hanging from the wall.

"Ok then, nice meeting you, but I'm sorry I have to go. I think I'm already late for my audition." Jungkook hurriedly said, not even waiting for the stranger to bid his farewell. He's too worried about the audition to even make friends for now.

"Jeon Jungkook, you're pretty young. Let's see how good you can do. Not to pressure you, but the one before you really did great." Those words coming from the panel of judges didn't pressure him. In fact, it brought Jungkook's competitiveness out of him. If he was going to make it, he has to be the BEST.

After five minutes of dancing and four minutes of singing, Jungkook already felt tired. He sat down on the floor with his back on the wall. It's time the judges give their comments.

"Judging from the way you moved, we can say that you are a great dancer. Very good actually, one of the best we've seen so far." one of the judges started. Jungkook started to smile.

"However, being a great dancer and a great singer are not the only ingredients to become a great PERFORMER." the judge continued, making Jungkook's smile turn into a frown. Is this person kidding me? What does he mean, that I can't perform? Jungkook thought. He collected all his courage, then asked the judges.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked nervously. He can already feel the tension building up.

"When you perform, you do not only impress people. You should also express your feelings. In other words, you fell short of emotions in that performance." the judges explained to him. He already felt like he's not going to make it to the cut. The comments just seem so... negative.

"However, we cannot let you go. With that dancing and singing prowess, we are sure you are going to amaze people." the judge said, making Jungkook's face brighten up. "About the emotions, that is something we can work on, especially since you are still young. Not to mention the possible number of people that will find your looks really attractive. That is why we've decided to fund your training in America. You'll be training there for a while." Jungkook's smile couldn't possibly get larger and brighter. He is so happy and flattered with what he is hearing right now.