Chapter 36: The Truth part.1

Author's POV:

Jimin was unable to get any sleep. If Jungkook wasn't lying there in his arms, he would've tossed around the bed violently and frequently in an effort to find the position that will make him fall asleep. And there he was, lying on the bed, just lying, still unable to fall asleep, with Jungkook peacefully sleeping sometimes letting out soft snores that made Jimin smile and sometime chuckle quietly.

Why am I feeling this way? Why can't I get any sleep? What is it that's bothering me? Jimin kept asking himself while he was softly playing with Jungkook's hair. He wasn't thinking about anything, but something is definitely keeping him up for hours now. He carefully slid his arms off from around Jungkook's waist and carefully stood up. Jimin headed to the kitchen to get a cup of water. He had to rub his eyes to search for the pitcher of cold water sitting at the back of the refrigerator. After getting a drink, he set his glass on the counter and went back to his shared room with Jungkook.

Just before he slipped back into the bed to hug Jungkook again, he checked the time on his phone – 3:30 am. Seriously... it's been hours and I still couldn't get any sleep... just what the hell is happening with me? Jimin thought as he wrapped one of his arms around Jungkook's motionless body. He tried to close his eyes for a few minutes, hoping that he'll eventually fall asleep. But nothing happened. He looked to his side to see Jungkook sleeping.

Cute... very cute. Jimin thought to himself as he scanned the features of the boy currently sleeping next to him. But there was something else. Something was definitely off. Before, when he stared at Jungkook, all he feels is that fluttering of his heart and a little mystery about the past. But now... the fluttering was still there, but the mystery became stronger. Also he felt like something was missing. Like the one last piece to a puzzle went missing.

Jimin remembered what he saw last night. When all members were already seated around the table for dinner, Jungkook pulled Tae and talked to him. They looked serious with whatever they were talking about. And just before he went to their shared room, just before he closed the door behind him, he heard footsteps. Judging from the pace, he concluded that there were two people, so he looked back into the hallway. He saw Tae and Jungkook enter the former's room, and they locked the door behind them. Really, what are they going to do there?Jimin kept wondering, and the temptation to go there and listen through the door was growing stronger. No... Jungkook is not cheating on me... especially not with Tae. Tae will NEVER cheat on Jin-hyung. Jimin said to himself, as he fought the urge to eavesdrop. He went to the bed and lay there, waiting for Jungkook to finish his business and go into his arms to sleep with him. But after minutes of tossing around the bed, Jungkook did not come. Jimin almost jumped when he heard the door open and close again. He slightly opened his door and peeked at the room beside theirs. He was shocked to see only Tae coming out of the room. What's Jungkook doing there alone? Jimin thought to himself. He needed to know. But he doesn't want to make Jungkook feel like he has no more privacy. So Jimin waited more. But after a few minutes, he couldn't take it anymore. Ah... Maybe Kookie fell asleep there. Jimin tried to think positively. He held the doorknob and began to open it, only to see Jungkook coming out of the room.

Jimin didn't miss the hint of nervousness in Jungkook's expression. He knew something was off, but he decided not to dig deeper anymore. And besides, he was already sleepy, so he just let the feeling pass.

He continued staring at Jungkook's face. He didn't even realize that his eyes eventually shut themselves close as Jimin fell asleep.

Jungkook woke up and stretched his well-rested limbs. He was a bit surprised that he was able to do so, because in the past days, he could not move because of Jimin's strong arms wrapped around him. When he tries to get free, they only pull him closer to the owner.