Chapter 39: The Aftermath

Author's POV:

It's been a few days since the incident in the room. It's been days since Jimin read the notes and remembered everything. It's been days since Jungkook felt like dying. It's been days since the last time they talked to each other.

The other members also became gloomy, as the atmosphere in the house. If before, after the accident, the members became noisier and more active, now, people are barely talking. Namjoon and Tae are busy comforting the two. Jungkook is staying in Namjoon's room, never coming out, not to eat, not to drink, not to talk. Never coming out, just lying on the bed, if not sleeping, crying. Jimin is also not very different from what he was just a few days ago. Jimin is just in his room, existing, confined in by the four walls and the ceiling of the room. He would sleep, eat, look out the window, and do it all over again.

They became lifeless.

Namjoon carried a tray of food from the kitchen, up to his room. He opened the door to see Jungkook still wrapped in the sheet. Namjoon set the tray of food down on the bed and sat beside Jungkook.

"Jungkook, here's your food. It's chicken; Jin-hyung cooked it for you." Namjoon said to Jungkook, in the hope of catching the interest of the younger, because everyone knows how he loves chicken. Namjoon noticed how the younger's body was still, but frequently jerking due to hiccups. It's been days since this kid stopped crying. Namjoon said to himself. He held Jungkook's shoulder and helped him sit up. He almost flinched when he saw Jungkook's face. His eyes were bloodshot; with eye bags so big they could practice their routine on it. His nose was red, and his lips were dry.

"Jungkook, just eat, ok?" Namjoon said as he lifted the tray to Jungkook's lap. Jungkook wiped his tears with the back of his hand and started eating. Namjoon watched carefully as the maknae lifted the spoon of food to his lips and chewed it slowly. Somehow, it made him happy, but seeing how little the food that Jungkook carried on the spoon was also depressing, because Jungkook was the one in the group that would try eating everything in just one gulp. After five of six spoons of food, Jungkook pushed the tray away from him and turned again to lie on the bed. Namjoon just sighed.

"Jungkook, how long are you going to starve yourself?" Namjoon asked Jungkook as he put the tray to the floor. "Jungkook, look at yourself. Jungkook you're not like that." Namjoon said as he held Jungkook's shoulder. "Jungkook you can't just lie here for the rest of your life. You need to live. You need to learn how to live again." Namjoon said to him. Jungkook turned to face Namjoon, and lifted himself up from the mattress to hug Namjoon. Namjoon felt his shirt getting wet from Jungkook's tears, as the younger burst into a sob again. There's not a single day that Jungkook spent without crying uncontrollably. The open wound in his heart was still fresh, bleeding, and it was killing Jungkook. Even after days after Jimin remembered everything, he still felt like it was happening again right in front of him. Jimin's words and hurt face is still haunting him.

"It will be alright, I promise. Everything can be fixed." Namjoon said comfortingly to Jungkook, rubbing his back to comfort him.

Jimin was lying on his bed on his back, staring at the ceiling like it was the most fascinating thing in the world. He just looked straight. His mind was being boggled by a lot of questions and thought, but he couldn't concentrate on any one. What am I feeling? Jimin asked himself. Am I hurt? Am I sad? Am I happy? Am I excited? Jimin was finding it very hard to know what he was exactly feeling. Sure, there was that pain in his chest, but it wasn't just that. He doesn't know what to think – he even welcomed the idea that he is happy is desperation to know what he really was feeling. His been in deep thought a few days now, and he can't leave his room. He was just staring at anything inside the room. He looked so tired, with eye bags hanging below his eyes that are red with excessive staring and crying.