Chapter 23: Wrong move

Jin's POV:

"Jungkook! Jungkook! I have something to tell you!" I shouted to call Jungkook's attention. I saw him when I got out of my room to cook breakfast. He was drinking water. Cold water in early morning?

Jungkook stopped, and turned around to face me, and gave me a confused look. "What are you saying, hyung?"

I half walked-half ran to get to him. I needed to get closer to him, because we can't afford having someone else hear what I was about to say.

"Jungkook, it worked! Our plan worked!" I excitedly told him once I got close enough to him. Jungkook looked unconvinced.

"How do you know, hyung? Did Tae-hyung beg for your forgiveness? How sure are you?" Jungkook asked. He really doesn't believe that the plan worked.

"Well, Tae is frowning while sleeping." I answered. Instead of being enlightened, Jungkook's confused expression just became more evident.

"So?" Jungkook asked, his eyebrows slightly rising.

"Jungkook, we all know how positive Tae is. Even in his sleep, he's also smiling. If he isn't smiling, he bears a blank expression. But I never saw him sleep with a frown on his face. That must mean he's really affected by our plan." I explained to Jungkook. I didn't expect him to laugh at me.

"Yah! Why are you laughing? Did I say something funny?" I asked. Jungkook tried to calm himself down as he answered.

"Hyung. Hyung, hyung, hyung. You must be really, truly, crazily in love with Tae-hyung." Jungkook said. I could already feel my face slightly heating up, but I think I'm really good at hiding embarrassment that Jungkook didn't seem to notice.

"What are you saying, Jungkook? What do you mean?" I asked. He continued smiling like there is no tomorrow.

"You see, how did you manage to memorize Tae-hyung? He's a very random person you know. And yet, you know him like you've been with him for a long time." Jungkook said. "So you mean you stare at his face when he sleeps? Is that how you memorized his face? You're such a creep, hyung." Jungkook continued. I wasn't amused by what he was saying.

"Yah! Jungkook!" I blurted out. Jungkook just ignored me and continued his teasing.

"Even I, who was in love with Jimin-hyung, doesn't memorize his face when he's sleeping. Yet, you, you managed to look at him during bed time? You must be madly in love with him!" Jungkook said.

It took me a moment before I finally got to answer him. "You know why you don't' memorize Jimin's face? It's because you never had the opportunity to do so. He always wakes up ahead of you." I said to him in a serious tone.

"Yah! No, it's not like that! He doesn't always wake up ahead of me!" Jungkook said in defense.

"Yes, he does. You even get mad when he doesn't wake you up for jogging." I teased. Jungkook looked like he was going to smoke in embarrassment.

"YAH! I – " Jungkook was about to say something else but I accidentally cut his words because I continued talking.

"And besides, what really convinced me that our plan worked is what I saw last night." I said. Jungkook stopped, and gave me a curious expression. "Last night, after washing the dishes with him, I immediately headed to our room and waited for him, pretending to be asleep. I did not expect him to look as irritated as he looked last night. It was like he was ready to kill me any moment. I actually got scared..." I said to Jungkook, narrating the events that happened last night. Jungkook smiled at me, and clapped softly.