Pieces Of Advice.

The next morning, Beth was in no real rush to get to school. The only thing that kept her motivated to even show up was returning a certain teacher's thermis.

As she pulled into her parking space, she could already see the disgust on the faces of the students around her. What was the big deal? Even if she DID make out with Michael Miller topless, students do that all the time, why start disapproving now? Besides, she was never the type of girl that would do something like that, but who would believe her after seeing that photo?

She quickly climbed from her car and rushed to her first calss. Maybe she could hide from the ridicule in a classroom setting, but she knew she'd never avoid the stares.

She tried to enter the classroom full of students quietly and inconspicious, but she froze mid-step. Sitting in the seat behind her's with a sly grin etched on his face was the infamous Michael Miller himself. Soon, Dana and the final few straggling students arrived, and all could feel the tensions rise in the classroom.

Mr. Inman eyed Beth, hoping to get atleast a hint of what was going on, but nothing. He stood at the front of the rooma nd began his lesson.

Beth could feel all eyes fixated on her, even Mr. Inman's. She could hear the faint whispers behind her, and across the room. She tried to focus on the lesson, but the voices grew louder and ruder. She felt a tear roll down her face. She knew she couldn't make them stop.

"Beth, what was the nineteenth amendment about?" Mr. Inman's voice inturrupted her thoughts.

She stared blankly. "Uhh..." She quickly wiped the tear from her face.

"Slut!" a voice coughed from behind her.

Her heart raced. asshole. She tood up and swung her body around facing Michael. Their faces were inches apart, and her eyes burned holes into his face.

"Shut the hell up you pathetic little bastard. And for the rest of you-- The only reason he took that picture was out of spite, because he was pissed I wasn't easy. Because I wouldn't put out to someone with more STD's than he can name. And before you start going around calling me a slut, take a moment and recall the hundrends of girls this man-whore has screwed, and reconsider your accusations." she announced harshly to the class. She looked up at Mr. Conklin, then at Mr. Inman, "Yes, I know I'll be in the hall."

She turned on her heel, grabbing her bag as she strutted away. She could hear her best friend Dana cheering as she closed the door behind her and settled into the floor outside the classrom door. Her hearst still pounded with adrynalin still rushing through her body.

After a while, she could no longer hear the faint voice of Mr. Inman teaching the lesson. Only complete silence. The door opened slightly, and Mr. Inmman slid out.

"I don't know what that was about," he whispered, a smirk playing at his lips, "but Conklin says if it ever happens again he'll write you up. Come back in, but for Michael's safety, finish your worksheet at my desk. We'll discuss your punishment at lunch." He held the door open for her and she slid under his muscular arm and passed his toned body through the classroom. A tingle ran through her body, and she felt herself blushing.

When the release bell rang, Beth remained at Mr. Inman's desk while the class exited quietly. Michael made no eye contact as he walked passed the desk. Dana motioned for her to come to provide her with the details of the insident, but Beth simply motioned her away. She couldn't bare the suspence of what was coming next: alone time with her teacher.

Mr. Conklin was already gone for lunch when Mr. Inman closed the door behind the final linguring student.

"So...do you want to explain to me what that crazy outburst was about?" Inman asked biting into his apple.

She took a deep breath and opened up Facebook on her cell phone. She showed him the picture and explained the horrible cirrcumstances around it, and tried to simplify the situation.

"I don't know why I'm even telling you this, your'e probably going to have me thrown in juvi for underaged drinking or something," she looked at him.

He grinned and looked her in the eye. "You're a wild child...is that why you came to class hung over yesterday?" he said with a mouth full of apple.

"Yesterday wasn't a good day...obviously. Oh, speaking of, I have your thermis," she reached into the bag and set it on the desk.

"Thanks," their eyes met for a shor tmoment, but he looked away. "You better go get something to eat before lunch is over."

She gathered her things and headed for the door, assuming he didn't want her company.

"Oh and Beth." their eyes met once more. "Remember there's life after high school, and by this time tomorrow, some other beautiful girl is going to have a picture taken of her that she sin't proud of, and it will get into the wrong hands. But life goes on. Remember that."

Beth nodded, smiled slightly and proceeded down the hallway. She couldn't help but grin. Did he just call her beautiful? And the thermis, he was sooo flirting. And the whole 'you can sit at my desk' thing. She blushed. Then she stopped. No. What was she thinking? He didn't mean it like that. She was NOT going to be one of those girls who falls madly in love with her teacher. She wasn't going to be the girls from the other side of the classroom who call him over just to get a better look at his ass. It wasn't going to be a forbidden romance thing where they fall deeply in love and run away together. She was not going to be Aria Montgomery, and he wasn't going to be her Ezra Fitz. Nope. He was too much of an ass to be Ezra anyways. She shook the thought from her mind and kept walking.

After school, Dana and Laura waited at Beth's car prepared to hear about the events of the day.

"So what happened?"

"Did you get in trouble?"

"Are you suspended?"

The questions felw around in her head, nagging to be answered.

"I'll call you guys later," she muttered, completely aware that she wouldn't be talking to anyone later.

She changed into comfortable clothes, (tank top and panties) and tried to relax. She thought about the advice Mr. Inman had given her earlier and she smiled. She reached for the laptop that was abandoned on the floor from yesterday and opened it. Her Facebook page was still opened from yesterday and showed over 52 notifications. She ignored them and posted a new status update.

"Ignore the haters baby, they only want to bring you down."

She reported the picture causeing all of the coamotion and logged off.

"Life goes on," she whispered, leaning back into a deep slumber.

______________________________________________________

a

Going to apologize ahead of time if there are any name mix ups. I changed the name of the main character for personal reasons. So if you see a strange name where Beth's is supposed to be, just pretend it's there. (: hahah. Please Rate and Review!

X-Saff