The Get-A-Way

Beth pulled into her driveway to see it empty. Several seconds later, Eric's car pulled next to hers, and he shot her the same confused look she'd given herself.

The two walked through the front door, and raced towards the note that was left on the refrigerator. Beth read it outloud, for Ben soon appeared at her doorway as well.

"Beth, I trust you.

Have fun on your trip! DON'T do anything stupid.

There's more cash on your debit card!

Be safe baby. Love you, call my cell when you get there

♥ muah! -Mom"

Beth jumped into Eric's arms and quickly gathered her already packed bags to load them into the camper. Ben and Alicia's bags were already packed, and ready to load as well. Ben loaded their golf cart in the back of their red pick-up truck that Beth never noticed existed, and they followed Eric and Beth down the street, and onto the interstate.

Beth took a picture of Eric driving the large RV. It was pretty entertaining to her because he was so short, driving this huge vehicle over two hours away to a camping ground on the beach. Beth couldn't contain her excitement. While he was driving, she was having a dance party towards the back of the vehicle, arranging beds and such for the vacation they'd soon begin.

"Race u 2 the beach" Ben texted to Eric's cell phone.

Beth answered it. "beth here, Don't text and drive, bro"

"It's alica. our boys are stupid"

"agreed. especially when they are together"

Eric could here the horse power of Ben's truck's engine rev ahead of them. Eric then pressed on the gas, sending Beth crashing into the chair, and sped up with Ben. The two men smiled at eachother through the mirror, they were obviously as excited abou this as Beth was.

Due to GPS malfunctions, Beth and the group arrived a bit later than planned. Which put everyone's mood down, but when the finally made it to their campsight and began setting up, their energy that was drained from before came rushing back to them. While Alicia set up for dinner and Ben safely settled the golf cart onto the ground, Beth grabbed a single blanket and pulled Eric off to the Beach just after they changed into their swim clothes.

"Beth, you're crazy," Eric said as she pulled the tiny dress from over her bikini. The sun was setting into the Pacific ocean and beach-goers were packing up their things for the day.

"Am not!" she said, pulling Eric's tank top off for him. "C'mon!"

She took her boyfriend's hand, the orangish color of the sun reflecting from both of their faces, and they ran into the oncoming waves, deep into the sea. She placed his hands on her waist as she wrapped her arms around his neck, and planted a kiss onto his lips. He grinned.

"Fun, huh?" she said, deepening the kiss.

He broke away, "Very."

They slowly moved from just a kiss in the moonlight to making out, to realllly making out, to much, much more. Beth wasn't ashamed. There were no little kids around, and they were underwater most of the time. In that very moment, her love for him had never felt so real. It'd never felt so right. Even if they had agreed not to do what they did until after Graduation, the moment was so perfect. She felt so loved in his arms. Besides, it's not like anyone had to know about it.

When Beth finally pulled her bikini top up from around her waist, they exited the water and returned to their blanket. Instead of the sand being burning hot and unbarable to take, it was a cool cold temperature that Beth loved dipping her toes in. She held Eric's hand the whole way back to their blanket, and when they finally settled in, they layed back and looked up at the stars.

"That was so much fun," she grinned.

"It was," she could feel Eric smiling. "But we can't do it again Beth."

"It was the spur of the moment." Beth replied.

"Is that what you're going to tell them when I'm accused of statchatory rape?" he remarked.

She hugged him. "Never again." she said into his chest.

He leaned down and kissed her forehead, obviously feeling bad for snapping at her. "Always again, over and over for the rest of our lives, but after Graduation."

Graduation. Almost every highschooler looked forward to that day everyday for their entire high school careers, but not like Beth. That day would really be the first day of the rest of her life. No more restrictions, no more hiding. She could finally be with him. Once and for all.

Beth opened her eyes. The sun's bright rays were shining down in her face. Did she sleep outside? Suddenly, the next big wave came crashing ont othe shore. She giggled. She'd fallen asleep on the beach, in the love her her life's arms. She looked over at him, he was sleeping so soundly, she didn't want to disturb him, but the lifeguards would probably be out soon. They had to leave before they were caught. Just then, someone caught her eyes. She couldn't believe what she was seeing! She looked closer. Mrs. Paslay was sitting on the beach, in a bikini (which was quite a sight) playing with her children in the sand. Mr. Paslay wasn't too far away, asleep on a beach towel. Beth leaped to her feet. Had she seen them sleeping? She wasn't too far away, if Beth could make out her features could she make out theres? She woke up Eric.

"Eric, quick get up!" she pulled the blanket out from under him.

"Huh?" he was startled awake. "What? Why!"

"Mrs. Paslay is HERE! Hurry up! We've gotta get back to camp before she catches us!" Beth hissed at her sometimes stupid boyfriend.

"Ugh!" she pulled him to his feet and and ran towards the exit of the beach.

When they finally made it back to their camp site, Alicia was awake, making hamburgers. Ben sat in a folding chair sporting shades and swim trunks probably trying to tan. He was so pale and lanky, Beth couldn't see how Alicia delt with it. Supposedly Ben had been lifting weights all year before school with Eric, but he wasn't showing it.

"Alright love birds, where were you guys all night?" Ben ask, snatching the glasses from his face as if he were there father.

"Uhm. Out?" Beth giggled.

"You two," Ben pointed two fingers to his eyes, then to the two of them. "I'm watching you."

"Someone always is," Beth muttered, grabbing a bottled water from the cooler. "We saw Mrs. Paslay with her family on the beach."

Alicia dropped a fork at the name Paslay and Ben's jaw dropped. "Shiiiit," he explained, rubbing his temples.

"What?" Eric asked, as if he knew Ben may be hiding something.

"I may or may not have let it slip to Paslay that we were headed out here for Spring Break." Ben winced.

Alicia threw a hotdog bun at her stupid husband, Eric slapped the back of his head, and Beth threw her half empty waterbottle at him.

"What the hell! Don't beat a man up! Sorry! What was I supposed to do? Not talk to Mr. Cook because she was in the Teacher's Lounge too?" he defended himself like a little kid.

"Well now we have to look over our shoulders every second to make sure no one is watching us," Eric stated angrily, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I gotta go call my mom," Beth stated, disappearing into the RV.

"See what you did!" Eric threw his arms in the air dramatically.