Lets Go Camping.

For the rest of the week, Eric and Beth continued to avoid each other. Which, frankly, was quite hard to do considering they saw eachother everywhere. School, School parking lot, on the way home, in the driveway, in the kitchen, in the livingroom, in the laundry room, and even at the grocery store, two blocks away. Beth didn't know how much longer she could take the torcher.

It was early Friday morning when Beth arrived on campus. She was excited the camping trip would take up the entire school day, which ment less time she would have to see Eric, and the further she could be from him.

She climbed from her little bug and locked it. "Did you bring the tent?" she asked Dana, who was dressed in all Camo. She nodded.

Laura grinned with joy, she was obviously excited about the fact she'd be camping with all the cute guys from the Junior class.

The three girls carried their bags to the opposite side of the school. They recieved stares of jelousy from underclassmen and a few seniors. Their class was lucky to be so small that they could do something like this.

When they reached the Football stadium's parking lot, Beth eyed the familiar tree hovering over the football field. She hated to think that only two months ago, a psycho clown was hanging from it's limbs, trying to lure children over to him. And only two months ago, she thought she was in-like with her History student-teacher.

Three large busses lined the area in a semicircle. Mr. Thompson stood atop a cooler gathering the students into a crowd in front of him. Several teachers and parents stood along the sides of him, including Mr. Conklin and Mr. Inman.

"Listen up students. I will first assign you students to a chaperone. That will be your group for the entire trip. You will set camp together, eat together, and do the games together. No arguement... after that I will then assign each chaperone to a bus. Keep quiet so you can hear, if you get lost, tough luck!" called the Football coach. He was average hight and thick in the waiste line. He was bald, and spoke with a slight accent no one recognized.

"Group 1, Mrs. Garcia's group: Heather Sinclair, Luke Armstrong, Bethany Miller, and John Johanson, bus number 2...." Beth eyed the front of the crowd. She felt Mr. Inman's familiar brown eyes focused on her. She didn't know what to do, so she simply smiled. He quickly moved focus, and looked up at Mr. Thompson. "Group number 6, Mr. Conklin's group," Mr. Conklin bursted out in several "whoop whoops" and began leaping in the air like a maniac. The students laughed and Mr. Thompson continued to speak. "Michael Miller, Valery St. Germain, Mitchell Owl, and Laura Adkins. Bus number 1..." Laura whined, hugged her best friends and moved over next to Valery. Soon Michael Miller joined and the rest of the group stood next to Mr. Conklin. "Group number 7, Mr. Inman's group," Thompson began. Beth closed her eyes and crossed her fingers, she hoped and prayed she.... "Beth Anderson," shit. "Dana Henderson," yay! "Abi Montez, Troy Blake, and Jennifer Moose, also bus number 1..."

She cheered briefly with her best friend and shot a look of pure anger at Mr. Inman. He, looked slightly suprised as well, but he didn't look in her direction.

After each group was assigned, Beth quickly approached Mr. Thompson as the crowd parted and he leaped from the cooler.

"Excuse me Mr. Thompson, I have a little problem with my group-" Beth began in a quiet voice.

"Sorry Ms. Anderson, all group decisions are final," he cut her off. He obviously had other group objections, and he wasn't willing to budge.

She sighed and picked up her bags. She met Dana beside the bus along with the rest of her group.

"Alright Team, Mr. Inman began. Let's load up. Our team will sit in the very back of the bus, next to Conklin's team, so load your luggage in the compartments here," he kicked the side of the bus. "And we'll be on our way."