Don't Just Assume.

As a high school student, Beth wasn't really the type of girl to attract much attention to herself. She wasn't a complete loner, she spoke in class and had many friends, but she was just an average girl living her life as best she could. Except for the whole Michael Miller situation, she was pretty much normal when it came to the whole high school social ladder aspect of things. This day deffinitely changed everything about what was just stated. Beth knew, when classes ended early that day at a strict 10 O'clock, people in school would never see her the same way again.

Bug, Beth, Amanda and Ashley all sat on the bench just outside the main enterance. A police cruiser parked close, several officers were questioning them as the final students left the building. All eyes were on them. Her own eyes watered at the fact that she'd once again be the talk of the school, only this time, it'd be the talk of the town. She could see several reporters and camera crews situated in different locations on the road leaving school, since they technically weren't allowed on school campus. She'd be known, forever, as the girl with a psycho dad who tried to kill three people and kidnap his own daughter. She shook the thoughts from her head.

When teachers began filing out moments after the students, Beth fought the urge to run towards Mr. Inman and leap into the biggest hug she's ever received. Mr. Conklin let the frantic look on his face speak for him when he made a B-line for her.

"It's all over the news," He said.

He gave her a hug, obviously braver than Mr. Inman, because the entire student body was scattered out before them.

"I'm so sorry Beth, if I would have known I would have kicked his ass, you know that," He spoke into her shoulder rubbing her back as he did so.

Students, teachers and policemen stared at them with disapproving looks.

"He's my older brother! Don't assume the first thing you think of!" she yelled into the crowd, causing their necks to snap away quickly.

"C'mon. I'll take you home." he offered.

She walked right by Mr. Inman, who looked like he was about to faint. She knew he wanted to help, but not on school grounds of course. She hated this stupid student-teacher relationship. HATED IT.

When she got home, she thanked Mr. Conklin and stomped up to her room. She stripped into her favorite underwear and tank top and snuggled up in her bed. She didn't want to have to go through this recovering-from-all-the-trauma period, she just wanted to get passed all of this and move on with her life.

When her mother came home, only for a few hours before her next shift, she tried to comfort Beth, but they only ended up watching chick-flicks and eating icecream. Which was comfort enough for her.

It was almost midnight when Martha had to leave for the Hospital. As if on cue, Eric entered the room, making a B-line for Beth, crashing his lips into hers. She could feel everything he felt right now. It's like they knew what eachother was thinking before they even spoke.

Eric was deffinitely making her feel a hell of a lot better than she did. He broke away to breath, and rolled over onto the right side of the bed.

"I love you." he spoke trying to catch his breath.

Beth grinned. "I love you too."

It was 2:34, and only twenty minutes into "The Time Traveler's Wife" when Dana decided to come over. Way to ruin a moment best friend. Eric was quickly kicked out of bed when Beth heard her car pull up. Story of his life. Dana entered the room dressed in PJ's carrying junk food.

She fit perfectly beside Beth and wrapped her arms around her. Beth couldn't help but to cry. It felt right, her bestfriend being by herside versus her History teacher/current boyfriend. Girl talk always made things much better.

After discussing the events of the day, Dana turned to her friend with a serious expression.

"Okay I have a serious question that I want you to answer truthfully." Dana began.

Beth turned to her, sensing the nervousness in her friend's voice. "Okay. Go ahead."

"Are you dating Mr. Conklin?"

Beth's jaw dropped. She picked a pillow up and smashed her over the head with it. "Ewwww no! Dana you know he's like a brother to me. He was there for me when no one else was! That's gross! Besides, he's married!"

"I'm sorry," Dana giggled. "I had to ask. You two were litterally almost one person in the parkinglot today. Everyone saw it, and suspected the most obvious answer."

"Noooo!"

"And you had a hickey -or what I thought was a hickey- on your neck at camp, and he was there so..."

"You're freaking disgusting. He's like... ten years older than me. Don't just assume when you hug someone you're with them Dan!"

"Hey- I'd tap that. Older guys are hot." Dana winked.

Beth threw another pillow at Dana. She was almost relieved she asked about Mr. Conklin and not Eric, she didn't know if she could straight lie to her best friends face.

"We're the luckiest teenage girls in the world." Dana announced.

"Why?!" Beth asked curiously.

"Our history teachers look like super models."