I Spy Something.....

Beth sat in the livingroom, alone in her big empty house, just as Ben had suggested. He had texted her twice, called once, and Facebook IMed her once since he and Eric had left the house around 2pm. Eric had done the same, but with twice the number of notifications. It was now 8, and it was getting dark outside. Martha wouldn't be home until the following morning at 5, Beth was all alone.

Beth had already prepared for any crazy intruders. She sat in the livingroom, curtains drawn watching TeenNick, a metal baseball bat in reach. Her lapop, cell phone, and house phone were lined up beside her on the couch, 911 ready for dialing. Every light in the house was on, and the alarm on the door was set, for once. An ad for Pretty Little Liars flickered across the screen. This wasn't even ABC family, and the televison was still determined to air that commercial. She flipped the channel to MTV, Jersey Shore could keep her entertained for a few hours.

Beth thought back to the days just after her father left for the first time when she would do this. She'd be so afraid, but only she wouldn't be alone. It'd be Ben with her, or Missy Sprint from down the street there to keep her safe, and snuggle under the covers. If only Ben could come over now to protect her, better yet Eric. She missed him. Even if he was only 500 yards from the back door, she didn't feel safe knowing he wasn't there with his arms around her.

What she really needed was Dana. She was the only one who could come over right now and not look suspicious to the creeper stalking her life, but Dana was out on a 'family date' with her mother and her new boyfriend. Steve? She couldn't remember. When she and Dana were little they'd always call the new guy John; like John Doe, they knew he exsisted, but nothing more about him. Just how they liked it.

A crash from the backyard startled Beth from her day dreams. She leaped into the air, almost flipping over the back of her couch. She shook with fear.

"jheard noise at back dooir, come queick"

Her fingers ran across the keyboard so quickly, she didn't even realize she misspelled almost every word. She hit send to the contact EI XO, and picked up the baseball bat.

She held it at her head as if she were going to hit the homerun when she knocked the head off of this psycho. She creeped slowly to the sliding glass door and held her breath as she opened it. She heard a crash, coming from around the corner? She peaked out, and gasped.

Troy Blake stood, barely, holding a giant teddy bear, probably twice his size at the bottom of the steps, and he was laughing.

"Troy!" Beth let out a breath of air. "You scared the hell out of me!...what are you doing?" she questioned, noticing him struggling to make it up the stairs and ont the deck.

"Sorry!" he whisper-yelled. "I had some trouble locating the front of your house."

She sighed. He was drunk. She met him halfway up the wooden stairs and pulled him inside, sitting him at the kitchen table. She peaked out the sliding glass door and waved Mr. Inman, who was running toward the house, to go back. He seemed confused, and she indicated her cell phone, promising to text later.

Beth sat with Troy at the kitchen table as he participated in a staring contest with the teddy bear, sitting in the chair opposite of him.

"Damn it Teddy! You won a gain!" he exclaimed, banging his fists on the table.

She shooshed him and took his hand in hers. "Troy, what are you doing here?"

"Oh yeah!" he claimed. "I... you..." he pointed at himself, then at her. "We, need to talk about something!"

Her heart sank. He was going to ask her to be in a commited relationship, and she was going to have to turn him down, drunk. Lovely.

He fished around in the pocket in his blue jeans and pulled out a wrinkly picture, slamming it on the table. "This." his finger landed on a face.

It was hard to see, and smelt a little like Budlite, but she could make out the image. It was a picture of she and a man sitting on her livingroom couch, kissing. That man, was Eric. His face was hidden from view, so no one could tell who it was, but she could.

She looked into his eyes. He really seemed like he was hurt. She explained to him, slowly and with many inturuptions on his part that she was in a committed relationship with someone when she agreed to dat him. She went on to say she didn't want to hurt his feelings by rejecting him, which was the only reason she went on that single date.

He seemed hurt. He was, so much, he stormed from the house to a bicycle which was parked in one of her mother's bushes. He peddaled off after several attmepts and continued down the road into the darkness. She wondered why he'd chosen to ride his bike 5 miles rather than catch a ride, but she figured he was drunk and obviously couldn't make any rational decisions.

She kept the picture in her hand, and looked it over. She stood in the middle of her livingroom, trying to figure out which angle the picture was taken. Eric and Ben later joined her as she stood there staring at it. They were confused, but were there for support.

Finally after several moments and searching glances around the room, she eyed the tiny shelf hanging on the wall between the door and the staircase. She looked at the picture once more, and stepped closer to it. A picture of herself in the third grade stood at one of the bottom shelves, slightly slanted to the side, more-so than the others. She took the picture down, revealing an tiny camera with a flashing red light just above the lense.

The three of them gasped, and leaned in close.

______________________________________________________________________

a

Soooo what do you think of this twist in the story? I think it's reminding me too much of Pretty Little Liars. I looove that show, and maybe I just wanted to throw in some Mystery to mix it up a bit, but I don't know. Please, Comment, let me know what you think! Thanks so much .