I Just Realized Something.

Beth decided not to waste any time getting to Mr.Conklin's classroom. If this whole ASD thing was going to happen, she was going to get it over with as soon as she could. She couldn't even remember why she'd gotten it in the first place. She entered, watching as Heather Sinclair leaned in over Mr. Inman as he worked on his computer.

"You're such a slacker," she gently slapped his muscular arm.

"I'm not a slacker!" he grinned back.

"Yes you are, I see you in the front of the classroom just relaxing, listening to your music while we all work," she smiled really hard.

Was she seriously flirting with him? And was he actually flirting back? She scoffed in disgust as she made her way to the back of the room. Mr. Conklin wasn't there, so she was forced to witness the awkwardness of Heather, and how she was trying way to hard.

Heather eyed Beth, her lip curled up in disapprovement.

"Uhm, Mr. Inman can I talk to you... you know... privately?" she lowered her voice.

Was she serious? She was actually doing this? Mr. Inman looked in Beth's direction as if that was her cue to leave. She huffed, grabbed her purse and exited the room. How pathetic, Heather was actually making a clear effort to flirt with her boyfriend- er, ex-boyfriend- no, History teacher! Whatever he was, he certianly wasn't going to be hers.

It was almost fifteen minutes after the halls were completely clear when Heather emerged from the classroom, adjusting her bra beneath her too-revealing tank-top. Slut! Beth shouted in her mind. She smirked down at Beth, who was seated in her regular spot and she trotted off. Mr. Inman leaned against the door frame and welcomed Beth into his humble abode. She rolled her eyes, taking her same seat at the back of the room.

After two or three minutes of complete silence, Mr. Inman looked up from his laptop and looked into Beth's eyes.

"So... what's up?" he questioned, obviously knowing what was up.

Beth shook her head.

"So we're going to play the whole no-talking-it's-ASD thing again?" he questioned, rolling his chair over to where Beth sat.

She didn't respond for a few seconds, and then she squinted into his eyes.

"So you flirt with all your students now?" she blurted.

He was shocked "What?" he replied, shaking his head in confusion.

"Heather was obviously throwing herself at you, and you were standing there with a freakin' baseball glove, not protesting against it at all. And then, she comes out of the room all slut-like, fixing her hair and adjusting her shirt, after you two were closed in there for fifteen minutes." Beth breathed.

Mr. Inman doubled over in laughter. Beth was shocked, and sort of emberassed of her accusations. Maybe she should have thought before opening her mouth, like people always warn to do.

"You're seriously not over me, are you?" he asked, after whiping a fake tear for show.

She huffed. She should have known better than to say something like that to someone with an ego as big as his. She threw an M&M at him, which he caught in his mouth.

"Ass." she said. "Coky. Ass." she threw two more.

"C'mon, you know you can resist me," he teased, leaning into her from the other side of the desk.

She breathed. She knew she couldn't. He took her breath away, with every little thing he did.

"I can. I'm over you. Besides, I'm with Troy." she could see he was hurt, sort of.

"That's cool." he replied, rolling back over to his desk.

For the rest of the time he barely spoke to her. She didn't mean to hurt him, but he didn't want him to have the satisfaction of knowing he made her weak in the knees when he was around. She fought the urge to run up to him and beg him to come back to her. How pathetic was that?

Just then, Pandora Radio, which was open on his laptop, decided to play the song "Just a Kiss" by Lady Antibellum. This was the song Beth had drunkenly belted out and resulted in Mr. Inman telling her how he really felt about the two of them. She sighed and looked in his direction, only to see him looking right at her, straight into his soul. She fought it, but only so long, and began sobbing very loudly into her sweater.

From the other side of the room, it took everything inside him to keep him from coming to her aid, like he'd done on numerous occassions. He rested his forehead into his palms. He was still madly in love with her, and couldn't help but pray she wans't over him.

"You can go now," he managed to spit out.

She was at the door before he had time to say more, and like that, she was gone.

She attempted to start her car, but her hands were shaking so much she couldn't. She couldn't breathe. The song had brought up so many feelings she'd tried to push back, it physically hurt her to not be able to be with him.