The Date.

Only five minutes later, Beth proceeded down the staircase to meet Troy and his train of cheesy compliments. When he was finished, he lead her out of her home, down the stairs and into his red Camero, which was parked behind hers. On the way she eyed Eric's car. No movement. Maybe he was only joking? It was then she saw movement from around the corner of the house. She laughed out loud. Troy didn't seem to notice as he opened her door for her. He didn't even bother to ask who's expidition was sitting next to hers, even Mr. Conklin noticed that detail. He made his way to the drivers side of the car and they were off.

Beth peaked into the rear-view mirror. They were well down the long road that was Lake Front Rd when she saw the familiar bright headlights of Mr. Inman's vehicle. She smiled to herself knowing he was coming along as well.

"So where are we going?" She broke the uncomfortable silence, hoping she could actually have an interesting conversation with this guy.

A car passed by and illuminated the sly grin that was etched on his face. "We'll see." he concluded.

Ten minutes or so passed, and Eric was following them so obviously, she was suprised Troy didn't notice. They finally pulled into a well-lit resturaunt, downtown. The name was written in bright neon cursive letters above the enterance. It was what looked like French, and seemed pretty expensive. Beth felt underdressed, but he was dressed in jeans and a polo, similar to her, so she didn't feel too bad.

He had made a reservation, and requested the largest booth towards the back of the building. Eric would probably have a hard time getting through because of how fancy it was, but it was fun while it lasted.

He ordered a type of pasta for her, and Crab for him. Was he that cheap? Did he even stop to think maybe she wanted Crab?

They had only just begun when she glanced up to see Mr. Inman's grinning face.

"Beth! Troy! What a plesant suprise! I didn't suspect to see you two here." he grinned at the two, sliding in next to Troy.

Troy shot Beth a weirded out look and smiled.

"Mr. Inmannn..." he faked his toothy smle. "What are you doing here?"

"Well I was going to meet my girlfriend here but she stood me up for some stuck up jock with a big head." Inman laughed.

Beth almost spit up her diet coke. Did Eric really just say that? She couldn't keep her eyes off of him the entire time he was there, which was a long while. He eventually left, but soon after texted her cell phone. She read it, sheilding the screen from Troy's vison.

"That was pretty awesome. u see his face when i sat down? i saved you from having a terrible date. You should tell him it's ur mom txting u to come home, then we should have a date here in the hot tub ;)

Beth thought for a moment.

Be there in 10!

She made up the terrible excuse that her mom wanted her home early tonight, which Troy bought, and they were soon at her front step ready for that awkward i-had-fun-tonight kiss.

"Well tonight was fun... the parts we spent together," Troy began, holding her hand under the light of the moon, which was expected.

She smiled up at him. He had atleast six inches on Mr. Inman, who was barely 5'6, but claimed to be 6'0 in front of the class. Beth liked tall guys, but was at the perfect level to kiss Mr. Inman. Beth finally felt sympathetic and leaned in to kiss Troy on the cheek. He blushed lightly, said his goodbyes, and was off, just like that. Beth tried to make it seem like she wasn't rushing to get in the house, which she was, because she was super excited about the second date she'd have that night.