Rumors, Jelousy and Circumstances.

"Como se dice..." Mrs. Garcia's lesson drug on and on. It was only four hours ago when Beth thought she'd never see the inside of this classroom ever again, maybe she spoke too soon because now, she thought she'd never be able to get out of it.

There was a slight tap on the door just as Beth began to doze off. Still speaking in her native tounge, Mrs. Garcia eventually made her way over to the door and pulled it open. Mr. Inman stood leaning against the frame, as adorible as ever. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbow and the top button of his light green shirt was unbuttoned. His chocolate brown eyes met hers.

"Can I speak with Beth Anderson please?" his voice was barely above a whisper, but the whole class could hear his request. Mrs. Garcia nodded at Beth as she slowly rose from her third row seat.

As she made the long walk towards the front of the classroom students stared and shot her disgusted looks. As previously mentioned, it had only been four hours since she was 'caught' with Mr. Conklin, and her entire third period was eying her as if she were about to go do something bad with another teacher, again.

"She probably screws all of her teachers, I bet that's how she gets the grades she does," A girl with a nose too big for her face snarked.

Beth rolled her eyes. These people seriously had no lives. She tried to remember the advice she received from a seriously hot twenty-one-year-old once- life goes on. She walked under Mr. Inman's muscular arm, which was propped on the door frame, and shut the door behind her. She crossed her arms.

"Yes Mr. Inman?"

He turned his head sideways a bit. "I thought we were on a first name basis?" he winked.

"Not in school." she lowered her voice, and glanced around the secluded hallway for on lookers.

"I see." He managed to say as he leaned in.

She wiggled from underneath him. "Did you need something? I'm in class."

"I just wanted to see you..." he trailed off.

"Seriously?! Did you not hear about what happened earlier today?" she lowered her voice from her almost-yell. "We need to keep a low profile."

"That's why I came. I wanted to see if you were okay." he seemed genuinly concerned. "Conklin was freaked, even though he's not the one who should be."

"Exactly." Beth stated, poking a single finger to his chest. "That's why I'm going to go back to learning Spanish, and you're going to go do what you were sent out to do, make copies."

He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes at her. "Please, we both know you were about to doze off before I saved you. How do you know I was sent out to make copies?"

Beth rolled her eyes. "Because that's all you do. And because I see the paper rolled up in your back pocket." She winked, and with a turn on her heel, she re-entered class.

She opened the door, only to be stunned. The entire class, including the quiet ones who never spoke, were clapping and cheering. Whistles whoops errupted from the small group of twenty-two. Beth could feel her face blushing. She didn't know what to do. She eyed an even more suprised Mrs. Garcia, and continued across the room to her seat. As she proceeded, the big-nosed girl from before, Kate, stood up and offered her some lipgloss.

"Incase yours was smeared." She smiled that fake I'm-only-doing-this-to-be-a-bith smile, which she profected easily, and handed her a tube of clear lipsmear.

Beth plopped in her seat. What had she gotten herself into?

It was almost sixthirty when Eric finally pulled into the driveway. Today he didn't even bother going into the guesthouse first, he simply snuck around back and welcomed himself to the pasta that was sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Finally," Beth called from the livingroom. She was seated comfortably on the couch, watching old episodes of Grey's Anatomy. "They kept you long enough, huh?"

"Yeah," he replied, a mouth full of pasta. "We had a staff meeting on the importance of appropriate student-teacher relationships, and how our students should trust us." He couldn't stop himself from laughing.

"Wow." was all she could say.

"So... remember how I said we needed to talk, earlier today?" he asked, taking an arm on the love seat next to her.

"No. I distincty remember you getting me out of class for no point but for me to insult you, though." she grinned.

"No, earlier, in class... I called you out of class to do it, but I thought it'd be a better conversation to persue at home," he sounded genuin.

She sat up and faced him. "What do you need to talk about?"

She saw a flicker of anger in his eye. She knew the answer before she even asked. Troy.

"I don't think I like you going on a date with him," he quickly said, advirting his eyes to the television screen.

"It's not a date," she corrected. "It's just as friends."

He stood. "I can't believe you actually agreed on it when you know you're dating me."

"Well I couldn't exactly say no Eric!" she began to raise her voice.

"Yeah. Yeah you could've, Beth." he snorted.

"And tell him what? 'Oh, sorry Troy. I'm dating our History teacher, so I can't date you or he'd get jelous' Oh yeah, that would have went over well." she said sarcastically.

"You could have made something up."

She was in shock. Was he asking her to... lie?

"Not really. What good reason on God's green earth would I have for not wanting to date the star quarterback and the hottest guy in school?"

"Oh so now he's hotter than me?" Was he seriously offended?

"You know what I ment!" she snorted.

"It just hurt me to know that you'd say yes to him..." he was upset.

"You know if we weren't in the currcumstances we're under I would have said no. You know that, Eric. Don't get so worked up!" she touched his face gently and looked into his eyes.

"If we weren't in the circumstances we're under, I wouldn't have met you, and you'd probably be dating him anyways."

Eric pulled away from Beth and grabbed his jacket and backpack. He slipped them on and was out the back door in an instant. So much for him being the older, mature one of the two.