'Skinny Dippin'

Beth wondered back to her group's camp site alone after the moon was well into the star-lit sky. It was illuminated by the slight flicker of the small fire in the center of the area, which was only lit to dry the wet clothes of her teammates. Tie-dye t-shirts, shorts and a sports bra lined the man-crafted rack placed near the fire. She stripped the tie-dye T and shorts and placed hers on the rack as well.

She eyed the electrical outlet box next to het tent, and decided to sneak a few minutes in to charge her cell phone. She had just inserted the charger when someone cleared their throat behind her. Shit.

Mr. Inman stood with his arms cross, shooting her a disappointing look.

"Of course," She threw her hands in the air in defeat and gave him a sideways look. "It just had to be you." she mumbled to herself.

"Electrical outlets are off limits to students Beth, you know that." he said with a stern voice.

"My mom wanted me to call her. Chill." she groaned.

"She's in surgery, you know that." he shifted his weight.

One of the perks of having your teacher living with you.

She pulled the plug from the outlet along with her phone and tossed it inside she and Dana's tent. He stood for several moments afterwards, watching her.

"Do you mind? I need to change my clothes." she hissed.

He backed away slowly, turned on his heel and headed back to the noise of dinner. She groaned and craweled in her tent, still dressed in her bikini, as if she were going to get any sleep.

It was only ten or so minutes before the rest of the group made their way back to camp. Dana eventually crawled into her sleeping bag and talked at Beth's back for fifteen more minutes before finally drifting into a deep slumber. Beth still layed, cozy in her own sleeping bag, wide awake.

It was two hours before the camp grouds finally became unbreakably silent. Beth couldn't take it anymore. She turned to face a sleeping Dana.

"Dana!" she whisper-yelled. "Pst!"

How could she forget, Dana was the heaviest sleeper she'd ever met. Maybe she forgot since it had been summertime the last time she slept over.

Beth reached for her duffle bag, pulled out a long, over-sized T-shirt and slipped it on. She grabbed the blue flashlight with a long, angular number '6' printed on it that Mr. Inman insisted that campers keep with them at all times during the night. She tiptoed from her tent and shined the light on the five tents surrounding hers. Everyone was still. She padded lightly to Mr. Inman and Mr. Conklin's shared tent and peaked through the mosquitoe netting placed over the open door hole. Both were deep into REM sleep. She carefully stepped over the corner of their tent, and made her way down the secluded trail that their camp site blocked from view.

The path was dark and empty. She could barely see the glimmering water from the lake, which the moon reflected in peacefully. She went on for several more moments before she reached a small dock on the opposite side of camp. She could see the faint glow of the main camp fire across the shimmering water. She sat on the dock, dipping her feet into the cool water. What a perfect night to look up at the stars, something she hadn't done since, well, forever.

Although the month of October was nearly over, the clear, warm night was perfect for a midnight dip in the lake. She grinned at the bright idea and stood to her feet. She pulled off the over-sized T that clung to her slender body and tossed it to the side. She became even more brave. She untied the side strings of her bikini bottoms, and pulled the top from beneath her breasts and sat them at the side. She smiled at herself, closed her eyes, and gently glided into the cool water.

The water engulfed every inch of her. Chill bumps ran up her spine and between her fingers. She broke through the calm water, re-surfacing and rubbing her eyes. When she opened them, a person's figure loomed over her from the edge of the dock. Shit.

She let out a tiny eep, and stared innocently at the figure. At a familiar figure- Mr. Inman's figure.

He took his flashlight from his pocket, and shined it down into the water, directly over her face. She squinted and looked back.

"What the Hell?" she called, covering herself with her hands. She floated gently over to the edge of the dock, where he couldn't get a good look.

He placed a single finger over his lips and began taking his flipflops off with his feet. He sat the flashlight down and walked to the opposite end of the dock. He took of with a swift run and performed a cannon ball right into the water with Beth. She giggled at the fact that she was naked in the water with her History teacher now beneath the surface.

He broke the surface and swam up right next to her. She was about to speak but he put a finger over her lips, and wriggled under the water suspiciously. After a moment, with his other hand, he lifted a wet pair of navy boxers from the water, and tossed them onto the dock.

She smiled, as did he. He leaned in close to her and cupped her face in his hands. Electricity sparked inside of her and tingled up her spine. He leaned in and planted a single wet kiss on her front two teeth, and leaned in closer, deepening the kiss.

She broke away. "Does this mean that...?" she whispered in his ear.

He simply nodded his head and pulled her body close to his. She wrapped her legs around his waist, feeling every inch of his naked body on hers, still kissing him. His fingers were tangled in her hair, and hers ran across is rock hard abs that were between them.

He broke away. "I'm sorry I ever ended things with you. What we had was perfect. It was the one thing I looked forward to, coming to school to everyday. And living right next to you, so close to you yet so far away broke my heart. It killed me inside knowing I hurt you, and could never be with you, and that you hated me..." he trailed off.

"I never hated you," she said shaking her head. "I only distanced myself from you because I knew I could never have you... and now you're here, completely naked, with me..." a smile grew on her face.

He leaned into her, kissing her once more.

"We can make this work," he smiled, holding her hand.

Suddenly, a twig snapped in the woods. Their necks turned sharp in the direction of the noise. A flashlights beam could be seen illuminating the trees several yards away from the dock. The two swiftly swam to the dock, grabbed their clothing and flashlights, and hid beneath the dock in a moment of terror.

Footsteps sounded on the wood above them. Beth bit her lip, floating in the water, her arms moved in circular motions around her, when her hand brushed against something in the water. Something that definitely WASN'T Mr. Inman's leg. He looked questioning in her direction, and even in complete darkness, she felt her face growing red. They both looked straight up, and could barely make out the features of Mr. B, the camp councilor.

"All clear," he spoke into his mini walkie-talkie and as fast as he arrived, he was gone.

The two, still naked waded from the water trying to keep their clothes dry high above their heads.They laughed as they recalled the feeling of almost being caught by Mr. B. When they reached the sandy shore, they began to dress and Beth could feel Mr. Inman's eyes on her body the entire time. She looked up from tieing her bikini bottom and caught him. He quickly looked away.

"Hey, help me tie this," she demanded, indicating the tiny bikini cloth she held ot her chest. He tied the back piece as she tied it around her neck. The touch of his fingers gathering her hair at her shoulder made her tingle. She liked it. And being able to share that feeling with him.