Double Trouble.

The tiny camera sat at the center of the six-seat kitchen table. Inman, Conklin, and Beth sat, surrounding it, looking at it all

together.

"I bet it costs like, a million dollars," Beth exclaimed holding it between her thumb and index finger.

"Who in the world hates us that much to want to buy an expensive camera to stalk us with? It doesn't make sense! And I love

how they told Troy about everything," Mr. Inman stood up and grabbed a beer from Beth's practically empty fridge. It had been

forever since she'd last went grocery shopping because all that was going on.

Beth leaned back in her seat and stared up at the ceiling. "I'm just curious as how the freak got into my house to plant this

thing here."

"Okay, just make a mental list of everyone you've invited inside since you and Eric started...whatever..." Ben was obviously still a little weirded out about the fact that they were dating, but Beth and Eric figured he'd gte over it eventually.

"No one," Beth replied. She thought. "You two, Dana, Mom, Troy, and... that's pretty much it. I mean, Bethany know's where I live, but she doesn't know how to get in here..."

"So someone you know must have planted it," Eric assumed.

This was too much for Beth. She was being stalked by some creepy psychopath, she was trying to keep her student-teacher relationship a secret from like, everyone, including her mother, and now, Eric just decided to point out the fact that someone

she knows, and trusts could possibly be the one planting the cameras? Lame.

Eric looked up. "Didn't the cable guy come last week?" he questioned.

A light bulb turned on in Beth's head. "Yes! But why would a cable guy want to ruin my life, our lives?" she asked.

"Do you remember what his name was?" Ben grabbed Beth's laptop from the couch, and it's screen lit to life. He clicked on

the web browser and located the Google search page. He looked to Beth and Eric for a response.

Eric closed his eyes and held his forhead with the palm of his hand. "Uh... Miller! Something Miller."

Ben's fingers ran across the keyboard. He narrowed the search down to cable guys with the last name 'Miller' within a 20 mile radius of Lakewood, more specifically, in the Lake Shore area. His eyes widened and he grinned up at Eric and Beth, who were both standing in the middle of the Livingroom, watching Ben work.

"Michael Miller..." he began. "Senior."

Beth's eyes widened. "Michael Miller's dad?!"

Eric paused and eyed the two as they came in for a moment of realization.

"Wait, Miller!" Beth mumbled.

Within seconds, Beth was speeding up the staircase, laptop in hand, and into her room. She had a look of determination and sheer anger spread across her face.

She set her laptop on her bedspread and walked into her closet as Eric and Ben lingured near the door. She pulled out an old box of Yearbooks that dated back to Pre-school. She grabbed her sophomore one, freshman one, and one from sixth grade and turned them to the same page with one letter of the alphabet dominant on it, 'M'.

She looked at the two pictures, side-by-side, practically identical in each yearbook. As they grew older, their features became more and more similar. How could she miss this?! The girl she'd ran into earlier that day. Her last name was also, Miller. She pulled eight years worht of yearbooks from her collection and lined them up, comparing the pictures from over the years.

"Michael and Bethany are twins." Bethany decided, indicating the proof she had spread across the floor of her room.

Story Of Her Life.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें