If It Isn't One Thing, It's Another.

"So... Who wants to explain to me why you two have been stalking me?" Beth asked, all athorative like as she took Michael's chair and directed him to sit on the bed next to Bethany.

Bethany eyed Michael, glaring at him to answer.

"Because... you wouln't sleep with me. So we figured," Bethany punched Michael's arm, "...I... figured... if we watched you, found out your deepest darkest secrets use them against you, and let you get close to Bethany so we knew everythng about you, we could... hurt you. Make you come running back to me."

Beth looked back and fourth from twin to twin and bursted into laughter. Were they serious? Did they have so much free time that they could stalk someone, like litterally?

"Well, now that you know my deepest secrets, I'm going to have to kill you to make sure you don't tell," Beth stated as seriously as she could. The twins eyes grew wide with fear. "Kidding," Beth continued. "But how do I know you won't tell people about my... relationship?"

The twins looked at one another. "We won't tell. We promise," Bethany stated. "If YOU don't tell that we're twins."

"Deal." Beth shook their hands. "But I have a question... why do you keep it from everyone at school?"

"Because," Michael began. "We live with our father, who isn't the richest man in the world, and our school has costs that we can't afford. So if we ask for help, we've learned quickly they will only give it to one sibbling. This way, we both get the help we need, and we can live our lives. Besides, when you're a twin, people will ask you questions about well... everything... it's kind of annoying. This way just works out better for us."

Beth chatted with the two for a while longer. They actually weren't that bad, after you get passed th whole creepy-stalker thing. Beth said her goodbyes, promising to visit again, and made her way back to the house. After the bitter cold last night, the morning was actually a bit warmer than usual. Maybe this was a sign Beth would soon see a brighter side to things. She didn't know. She just drove home, a smile happily etched on her face.

When she arrived home, her mother just happened to be there too, as well as the boys.

"Look who decided to come and visit," Martha said, patting Ben and Dana on the shoulder. "Ben seems to be making easy friends with Eric, here."

"Yeah..." Beth said setting her purse down and kicking off her boots. She hoped Ben and Eric wouldn't mention anything about Eric and Ben's relationship, or the fact that Eric was a teacher, who taught in the SAME CLASSROOM as Ben. She could feel the tention, well maybe it was just her, but it was there.

"I want to cook dinner tonight Mom,." Beth entered the kitchen and winked at Ben. "Want to join us?"

"I'd love to. Is it okay if I bring a friend?" Martha wiggled her eyebrows.

"Uh-Oh Martha!" Ben grinned. "Who is he?"

"Is he cute?" Dana added.

"Will I get a new daddy?" Beth said playfully.

Eric grinned at Ben's playful relationship with the family. He secretly hoped he'd be a part of this relationship soon, and he'd eventually be able to joke with Martha about men like that.

"He'll be here soon actually. We were going to go out but what the heck, he'll have to meet you sooner or later, right?" Martha said taking out her fancy, dangle-down earrings.

"Great!" Beth said, side-bumping her mother and high-fiving her best friend. "This is going to be fun."

Beth trotted up the stairs to change her sweater. She pulled a light hoodie over her head when a slight tap on the door startled her.