LINZSTEVE

Lindsey's POV

I walk outside to the nearest hill, take off my boots, and slip on some canvas ballet flats. I've always wanted to be able to do an arial. And now, is my time to do it! I run as fast as I can, jumping into a cartwheel and resisting to put down my hands. However, I don't get enough momentum, and land hard on my side. I swear under my breath and stand back off, grass stains all over the side of my dress. I run back to where I start and try again, with the same result.

Steve's POV

Elena pushes me towards the hill that Lindsey is apparently on. I'm honestly scared. Lindsey is tough. What if she doesn't like me back? What if she hits me in the face? She's honestly really nice, but I don't want to tick her off! "Elena, I don't want to do this," I tell her. "Shut up, Steve, you'll be fine!" She says, and Savannah nods. They leave me there and camp themselves out in a nearby bush.

Lindsey's POV

I try once more, and when I land, a jolt goes up my spine and I felt like I got punched in the neck. "Oww..." I groan. As I roll over, I see a figure walking up the hill. As it gets closer, I notice that it's Steve. "Lindsey, are you okay? Do you need help getting up?" He asks as he offers his hand. I shove him away. "I can get up myself, thank you," I say says with some attitude in my voice. "Lindsey, I need to tell you something," Steve says. I do some basic arm stretches and look up at him. "Sure, what's up?" I ask. He takes a deep breath in. "So, um, I kind of like you,"
When he says this, the world gets kind of fuzzy. Why would he like me? I've done everything I can to make him NOT like me, and now he does!
"Well... I don't really like you!" I say with a smile. "Why not?" Steve asks. Man, he just won't give up. "Because you're stupid," I say, bluntly. Steve looks at the ground for a minute and picks up a dandelion. "Will you go out with me?" The smile fades from my face and is replaced with anger. "Stop it!" I shout, trying to walk away. "Wait!" He shouts. "Make me," I say. Steve doesn't respond. But then, this little voice in my head says that I'm being too harsh. I have a lot of confidence, and I want others to, too! "I'll make a deal with you, Steve. If I go out with you, will you stop being so annoying?" His face instantly brightens. "Yes!" "Ugh, fine. I can't believe what I just agreed to," I mumble.