Running from Reality

Lindsey's POV
I cross my arms and straighten the pumpkin on my head, which is now crooked. Honestly. I've had my heart broken several times. I've never had a boyfriend, which means it's always been from afar. Thats what happened to me when Steve called the cops on me. I thought he was my friend, and I may or may not have had the slightest crush on him, but I was betrayed. And that was awful. "Guys, I'm going home," I state, bluntly. "Why?" Elena asks. "I'm running away from reality, that's what," I reply. "Good luck," she states. "Can I come?" Steve asks. I look at him. "I don't care," I say as I begin to walk off.

Steve's POV
Is Cupa really that mad? I can't help that I don't like her. I feel like I should be doing something to comfort Lindsey. She acts like she doesn't need anyone or anything, but I think it's an act. I look down at her. She's tall, but I'm taller. "Stop staring," she says. I quickly look away. Very subtly, I step a few inches closer to her as we walk. She seems to not notice. I'm very smooth. I inch my hand over, and with one move, grab her hand. Her entire body tenses up as she glares at me. I look away again. However, she doesn't let go.
I will be there for her.