⎡35⎦

Black- well, let's call him Sirius. Sirius and Harry held Ron from under the arms and brought him out of the Shack. Lupin had Pettigrew in a firm grasp as they walked behind Hermione and I.

"Sorry about the bite," I heard Sirius say, "I reckon it twinges a bit."

"A bit? A bit?! You almost chopped my leg off!" Ron exclaimed.

"Ronald, may I remind you he was going for the rat?" I asked.

"She's right." Sirius agreed, "Now, normally I have a very sweet disposition as a dog. In fact, more than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail I can live with, but the fleas... they murder."

I giggled

I giggled.

We got out of the hole and Ron was placed onto the ground. I got down and started to pull Ron's pant leg up.

"You better go," Ron said to Harry. I looked up at Sirius who was walking towards the castle, gazing at it.

"No, no, it's alright, it's fine I'll stay," Harry protested.

"You go we'll stay," Hermione told him. He nodded and walked towards Sirius.

"That looks really painful," Hermione said looking at Ron's wound as I wiped up the blood.

"So painful. They uh- they might chop it," He replied. I snorted.

"I'm sure Madam Pomfrey will fix it in a heartbeat," Hermione replied.

"It's too late. It's ruined it'll have to be chopped off."

I held my breath trying to keep from laughing but failed miserably and started making weird sounds in my throat. I continued to mend Ron's wound the best I could.

"You should be a healer when you get older Hazel," Hermione told me as she watched what I was doing.

"Thanks, Hermione," I replied, "But first, I need to become the beater for the Holyhead Harpies."

Lupin and Pettigrew emerged out of the hole.

"Turn me into a maggot. A dung beetle. A Flobberworm! Anything but the Dementors!" Pettigrew wailed. He went over to Ron. "Ron! Haven't I been a good friend? A good pet? You won't let them give me to the Dementors, will you? I was your rat."

He turned to Hermione.

"Sweet girl. Clever girl. Surely you won't let them-" Lupin pulled him up before he could finish. I continued to mend Ron's leg.

Why can I see his leg so clearly? Why is it so bright!?

I looked up. It was a full moon. Oh. I looked back down at Ron's leg. Wait... I whipped my head up. IT'S A FULL MOON! LUPIN'S A WEREWOLF!

"H-Hermione," I said pointing to the moon. Hermione's eyes widened in realization.

"HARRY!" She yelled.