Chapter 21 The Past

Natsu's P.O.V

What's her problem? I mean, why did she have to slap me? What's up with her? I went home early because I don't wanna stay in class and then seating next to Miss.SecondPlace. What a day it was today. I entered the house, closing the door behind me. It's still early, so my sister wouldn't be home yet. I took off my outdoor shoes and I put on my flip-flops. I headed up to my room. I placed my school bag on my desk. I looked out the window as I sat on my bed. " *Sigh* How and why did things end up like this? " I said out loud. 

I layed down in my bed, staring at the ceiling. What should I do now? Should I say sorry to her? She might walk away. Maybe I shouldn't talk to her for a while. Should I explain why I told Lisanna about the truth? No...maybe she would just ignore me. 

The reason why I told Lisanna...is...because...I like her. And I just want her to know that me and Lucy aren't really dating. I'm not sure if Lisanna likes me back or not, but...I'm not giving up my feelings for her. 

Then all of a sudden, I hear someone open the front door and get in. Who would that be? I walked all the way down stairs and at the front door I saw my father. I stare at him with a shocked face. " What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at work? " I asked, as he walked passed by me. 

" Well, my back started hurting, so they let me go home early. " He replied, as I followed him to the living room. 

" Are you kidding me?! Can you stop making excuses?! You just say that 'cause your too lazy to go to work?! Do you even care about this family?! " I yelled at the top of my lungs. 

" *Sigh* Can we talk about this later? I had a hard time at work. " Dad said, as he sat on the couch. 

" So I guess you don't care about this family then! Ever since mom died, you been acting like this! What happened to the dad that I knew, huh?! It was all your fault that mom died! " I yelled. 

Then my dad got up, walked over to me, pulled my shirt and yelled, " Never bring up your mom at a time like this! Now go back to your room! No dinner for you! And if you care about this family so much, then why don't you start working?! Since you care so much about this family. You brat! " Then he let go of my shirt and he left. 

Then I saw my little sister Wendy, standing right behind him. She had a shocked looked on her face. Then tears started falling down from her checks. Her hands turned into fists. And then she ran up the stairs. " I did it again didn't I? " I said, aloud. 

Then I heard a big bang. That must mean that Wendy slammed her door. This happened when she found out that mom was dead. She locked herself up in her room. She cried for days and she didn't eat or drink for a really long time. Then one day, I didn't hear her cry anymore. I heard something fall and, and, and then- 

Snap out of it! There's no time to think about the past. I'm not gonna let that happen again. I walked over to her room. I can hear her cry. I knocked on the door, and said, " Wendy, please open the door. I'm sorry for bringing up about mom. I'm so sorry. Please open the door. "

" *Sob* Go away! *Sniff, Sniff* " She yelled. 

" Please...open the door... I'm really sorry... " 

" *Sob, Sob* Just go away! " She yelled, again. 

" Okay... " Then I walked over to my room. I layed down on my bed. I miss mom. But, it was all dad's fault that mom died. 

~Flashback - 6 Years Ago...~

I was only ten years old and my little sister was 6. I lived with a family of four, there was beloved mom, my dad, me, and of course my little sister Wendy. We were a happy family. We smiled a lot. My parents never fight and they were so sweet and kind. Until one day, it was Christmas. It was also snowing. Mom and dad got in a fight. We were in the car. Dad was driving, mom was sitting next to him at the front, while me and my little sister were sitting next to each other at the back. They were shouting at each other and my sister started crying. I held my sister's hand, but she just kept on crying. Then my dad lost control of the car and then, with a blink of an eye, our car had hit a semi-truck. My mother, was in a serious condition. My dad on the other hand, got a broken leg. My sister, had a huge cut on her left arm. For me, I had a scar on the right side of my neck.