Chapter 23 Never Trust Anyone Ever Again

Lucy's P.O.V  - The Next Day

Today, I woke up by my alarm clock. And of course I would do my morning routine. But today is different than any other day. Today...is my mom's birthday. I changed into my school uniform,  then I grabbed my school and I headed downstairs. I said good bye to my dad and I headed out the door. Capricorn isn't gonna take me to school, because I have to visit the cemetery. Before I arrived at the cemetery, I went to a flower shop that I used to go to when I was little. I bought a bokeh (I'm not sure if I spelled it right, but you know what I mean.) of roses. After that, I went to the cemetery. I walked over to my mom's grave. 

" Layla Heartfilia 

Mother of Lucy Heartfilia

&

Husband of Jude Heartfilia 

X748 - X777 " 

I placed the flower's on her grave. I smiled and said aloud, " Dear mom, I'm doing fine. I have a boyfriend, named Natsu. Well, he's not really my boyfriend...but...you get the point. I'm not planning to lose to him and I'll never fall in love with him. Even if I were to fall in love with him, then I hope that I won't end up like you and dad. It's my fault that you and dad got into a fight that night. *Sniff, Sniff* It was all for fault that...that... *Sob* that...you...died that day. *Sob, Sob* If only...why did you have to die! *Sob* It should have been me. *Sob, Sob* Mom! I miss you so much! *Sob, Sob* " I cried my heart out, as I fell on my knee's. I couldn't stop the tears from coming down, they just kept on flowing like a river. 

" *Sob, Sob* Mom! " I yelled at the top of my lungs. 

After a few minutes, I finally calmed down. I wiped my tears with my hand and I got up. Before I left, I said aloud, " Well, Happy Birthday...Mom. " Then I left the cemetery. 

~At School...~

I entered the classroom and it's loud as always. Erza and Gray were fighting over stupid stuff. And today they are fighting over which one was better, Strawberry Cheese Cake or Ice Cream. " No, Ice Cream is way better than Cake! Cake is stupid! " Gray yelled at Erza. 

" What did you just say?! Do you have a Death Wish or something?! Huh?! " Erza yelled, as her hands turned into fists and she gave Gray the HOW-DARE-YOU-SAY-THAT-CAKE-IS-STUPID-YOUR-GONNA-DIE glare. And nobody wants that. 

Then Gray started shaking and replied, " A-Ah, I-I mean, Cake i-is way b-better than ice-ice cream. " 

" God boy! Now sit down and wear a shirt! " Erza yelled. 

" Yes, m'am! " Gray replied, as he put on a his shirt and then he rushed over to his seat and he sat down. I let out a big sigh as I sat in my seat. Why is our class like this in the first place? 

 " Good morning Lu~chan! " Levy said, giving me her brightest smile. 

" Good morning. " I replied.

" Is something wrong? " 

" Nothing really. It's just that... "

" What? " 

" I don't wanna talk about. I'll tell ya later. " I replied. 

" Okay, fine. By the way, how come you didn't become Class Rep.? I mean, didn't you get the best grades out of all of us? "