Chapter 28 The Secret's Behind The Door (pt.2)

Lucy's P.O.V

. . .

So this is...mom's letter... 

Many questions crossed my mind, like...should I open the letter and see what the note says or should I just burn it? Yeah, maybe I should just burn it. But...maybe I shouldn't. But should I? I sighed. You know what, I'll just end this and I'll just open this letter. I un-sealed the letter. I took the letter from the inside of the envelope, then I un-folded it. I took a deep breath before I read the letter. This is it. I closed my eyes and then I opened them again. I read...,

" Dear Lucy, 

Every time I think of you, I think of your beautiful smile. When I think of your smile, I smile. 'Cause it always made me think that you are happy. I know that I you were really shocked when you found out that was ill. It must have hurt you a lot when you found out. I'm so sorry. And I'm so sorry for leaving you all alone. I'm sorry that I died too early. I wanted to spend as much time as I can with you before I die. I know that by the time you read this letter, I'm already dead. Maybe it's too late to say this but...remember what I said that day. Do you finally understand what I meant? And, I'll say it again, but a little differently. 

I know that I am no longer with you and I'm sorry for leaving you all alone. Please, stop crying because of me. I want you to smile and I want you to have a happy life. Be who you want. Do what you want. You are free to anything you desire. And promise me this, smile more and cry a little less, okay? And one more thing, I want you to find someone who you will love forever. Someone who will make you smile more than I did, and someone who will heal those scars and wounds on you heart, that me and your dad did. And when you do, I wish you the best of luck! >.<

So no more crying, okay?! Also, remember that cute heart necklace that I always wore, that was a locket and you could put a picture inside of it? I'm giving that to you. So please treasure it forever. And when times passes, you can pass it down to your child. And when you open the locket, I know you'll start crying. But...please...no more crying okay...?  (It's in the envelope)

I guess, this ends my letter to you, Lucy. I just wanted you to know how much I really loved you and I still do. From now on, I want to see more smiles on your face, and they better not be fake! And stop crying, 'cause or else...I'll start crying too. One more thing, I'm so sorry for getting into fights with your father. I had to it in order to protect you. I know that he didn't treat you like a real daughter...but I'm sure that will change. I guess that's it. Again, I'm so sorry...for everything. I love you with all of my heart. Keep on smiling...not just for me...but for everyone... I love you, Lucy. 

Love, 

Mom  " 

Tears started falling down my cheeks like a river that just kept on flowing and flowing, NON-STOP. I went through the envelope, tears were still in my eyes, I grabbed the necklace and I took it out of the envelope. I put the letter down on the floor and I held the locket with both of my hands. I was still crying. All I was thinking about, was my mom...wearing this necklace and now...it's mine. I opened the locket and it was picture of me and mom, shaped into a heart. I started crying even more than before. I put the necklace on me. Then I stood up and I heard a voice inside me say, " Please stop crying... " The voice sounded exactly like mom.