Chapter 35 A New Love Starts To Blossom

Lucy's P.O.V.

Finally, detention was over. I walked out of the school building with Natsu. It's just me and him because Sting had to get something. As we were nearing the school gate, Natsu held my hand and we stopped walking. " Lucy, do you like me? " He asked me. 

I looked at him with shock and I was blushing. " HUH?! D-D-Do you mean that in a r-romantic way...or...? " I asked. 

" In a romantic way! " He replied. I looked around the school's campus. No one was there. 

" Well... " I began to say, as my face slowly turned into a cherry red colour/color. 

" Lucy...I love you... " Natsu said to me as he kissed me on the lips. My eyes widen. Am I dreaming? Is this real? Flashbacks started playing in my mind. Those flashbacks were the happy memories that I had with Natsu. I'm really thankful that he came in my life. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be the person I am today. It was all thanks to him and I know that I was really mean to him before but at least we made up. Right? 

He smiled at me. Maybe I should tell him how I really feel about him. This may be my only chance.  " Natsu... " I began to say.

" Yeah, what is it? " 

" I...I love you...and I'm not joking. I'm saying this from my bottom of my heart! I know that I was so mean to you and I am really sorry for that. I now realize my feelings for you. I don't care if you were joking when you said that you love me. Well...were you...? " 

Natsu's P.O.V.

Did she just confess to me? What should I do? What should I say?  " Well... " I began to say. 

" You like Lisanna, don't you? " She asked me. 

" Not anymore. The more I thought of it...I realized that...my feelings for you are something special. At first, I was always denying it because I know that it was impossible for me to like someone like you. I guess that I was wrong. I always think of you before I fall asleep and when I do, I smile like a fool. Wendy was right. I should follow my heart and not my my mind. But sometimes you have to use your mind and not your heart. And in this situation, I'm following my heart and my heart is beating for you.

" So then that means that you love me too? "

" Isn't it obvious? I saved you from being kissed my Sting didn't I? " 

" Yes, you did. So then that means, that...you were jealous? " 

" If I wasn't jealous then I would have watched you being kissed my Sting, right? " I smiled and she smiled back. 

" So no more fake dating. This time, we are dating for real. Okay? " I added. 

" Yeah, that be great! " 

~One Year Later...~

A year passed and a lot of things has happened. Apparently, Sting transferred out and now he's at another school, Saber Tooth Academy. Weird name for a high school, am I right? Anyways, me and Natsu are no longer fake dating because we are dating for real. We told our dad's about this and they said that it is totally fine, just as long as we also focus on our studies. Nothing much has changed. All I can say is that, I am happy. Very happy. If it weren't for Natsu, I wonder what kind of person I would have been. Also, I realized that falling in love isn't all that bad because everyone has a different love story. Am I right? Anyways, I hope that one day you will find the one for you. And when you do, I wish you the best of luck~! Just letting you know, if that person doesn't like you back don't give up! I know that it is hard to let go of someone, but once you find some else, your feelings for that person, will slowly fade away. Another thing... 

Don't rush to fall in love, because even in Fairy Tales, the happy ending takes place on the last page.

The End