Chapter 29 Your A Good For Nothing Brother!

Natsu's P.O.V

We rushed over to the hospital. As we arrived at the hospital, I asked one of ladies at the desk what room my Father was. One of Lady's said, that it was on the third floor, Room 255. So then again, me and Lucy rushed over there. I was still holding her hand and she stopped whining. We finally reached the room. I was about to enter the room, but then a doctor stopped me and told me to wait in the waiting room. One of nurses lead me there. As we entered the waiting room, there, I found my little sister, sitting down on a chair, her head was down and she was holding dad's phone. And it looked like she was shaking/scared. I let go of Lucy's hand and I walked over to Wendy. " W-Wendy... " I began to say. 

She looked at me. Tears were in her eyes. She looked worried, yet scared. " ...Wendy... " I said again. 

She stood up and then she yelled, " Do you know how many times I was trying to call you?! You said that you'll always be there for me! But you lied and you broke that promise! I got so scared that I almost collapsed! I can't believe that I had to do this on my own! *Sniff, Sniff* I thought something bad had *Sob* h-had happened to you! I got s-so *Sniff* worried! I don't wanna lose you too! But I guess, you just wanted to spend sometime with your girlfriend, huh?! *Sob* YOUR A GOOD FOR NOTHING BROTHER! I HATE YOU! *Sob, Sob* " She started crying. 

" ...W-Wendy...I-I'm...so...sorr- " I got cut off. I was about to hold her hand, but she slapped it and yelled, " Don't touch me! You are no longer my brother! " Then she ran away. 

" Wendy! " I yelled. But she didn't look back. She just kept on running. 

In my head, I said, ' I'm sorry. And I know that it's too late to say that. I'm sorry I broke that promise. I'm...so...sorry... ' 

~Wendy's P.O.V - Flashback - 6 Years Ago...~

Today was the funeral of my mother. Everyone left and it was just me and my older brother, Natsu. We were standing right infront of mom's grave. I couldn't stop crying. I was thinking of the happy moments that me and mom had. I love mom more than anyone else in the world.  As for Natsu, he hasn't even shed a single tear...why? He kneeled down next to me and he side-hugged me and said, " Wendy...stop crying. Don't worry. Mom is in a better place now. "

" *Sob* B-But...mommy is g-gone. *Sniff, Sniff* I miss her! *Sob, Sob* " 

" I know, I know. But hey, I know what will make you feel better. " He said, smiling. 

I wiped a few of my tears with my sleeve. " *Sniff* W-What? *Sniff, Sniff* "  I asked. 

I looked at him and he replied, " Okay then, I promise you that for now on, I'll will never leave your side. I promise that I'll will always be there for you. Just call me and I'll be there in a second! " He smiled again. 

" *Sniff* Promise? " 

" I promise! " 

~Back To The Present~

His such a jerk. Where am I? Well, I don't know. I'm somewhere in the hospital, curled up into a ball in a corner, crying like a baby. His such a good for nothing brother. I put my head down. Then I can someone calling my name and I felt someone's hand on my shoulder (left side), " Wendy? Whatcha doing here? " His voice sounded familiar. But who's? I looked to my left and there was Romeo. Tears were still in my eyes. My eyes widen. His hand was still on my shoulder and he looked worried. I looked away. " I should ask the same to you? " I pouted. 

" Is it something about your dad? " He asked. I looked at him and I nodded. 

" I see... " He added. " I'm here, 'cause of my mother. " 

" Oh...lucky you...at least you still have a mother...but I don't... " I said. 

" Sorry for bringing it up. Why ya crying? Is something wrong? " He asked me. 

" *Sigh* It's something about my brother. 6 years ago, he promised me that he'll be by my side all of my life...but...he broke that promise... " I explained. I finally stopped crying...mostly because Romeo is here.

" I see... Sometimes I wonder... *Sigh* never mind... " 

" What? " I asked. 

" I wonder... " He began to say. 

" ...Why do people make promises that they can't even keep...? " Me and Romeo said at the same time. We looked at each other and then we blushed. Then we looked away. Now there was only silence between us. 

" ...Hey...um...Wendy... " He began to say. 

" Yeah? What is it? " I asked. 

" Nothing really. I just wanted you to know that...you can tell me anything and I'll always be there for you... " I looked at him, he didn't look back at me, but I can tell he was blushing. 

" Okay. Promise? " I asked. 

He looked at me and he smiled. " Yes! I promise! " And we both made a pinky promise. I smiled too. 

" ...Thank you...Romeo... " I mumbled. 

" What did you say? " He asked me. 

I blushed and said, " A-Ah, nothing. " 

"  ...Okay... " 

Again...there was silence between us. Well, at least that I'm no longer crying. I feel much better. I'm glad that Romeo is next to me. Then I layed my head on his shoulder (right). " I'm tried. Is it okay if I sleep on your shoulder...? *Yawn* " I asked and he nodded. 

" ...Romeo... " I began to say. 

" Yeah... "

" Oh...never mind...I'll tell you another time... " Then I closed my eyes. 

Romeo's P.O.V 

I wonder what she was about to tell me... " Why don't you tell me now? What is...it...? " When I looked at Wendy, she was fast asleep. I smiled. She's always smiling like a fool when she is actually hurting inside. She doesn't change, does she? Classic Wendy...

Natsu's P.O.V

I hate myself. I know that I broke that promise and I'm really sorry about it. If only I could say those words to Wendy. I sighed. I know, I know. It's too late now. " ...N-Natsu... " I heard Lucy call out. I turned around. She seemed worried. 

She walked up to me, held both of my hands and said, " ...Just stay calm. I'm sure everything will be fine in the end...I think... " I blushed. 

Is this real or is this a dream...?

- To Be Continued!