24. Surprise

Chae Min's POV

"Calling the attention of Seventeen, please go back to the theatre now."

We heard the MC announced.

"Woah, they already know our group name." - The8

"Because I said it." S.coups said proudly.

"As expected of the Leader." - Vernon

"Let's go back." I said.

"Are you sure?" - Vernon

"We can go home now if you want." - Jeonghan

"You practiced a lot for your performance today and you'll not going to present it? It's a NO." I said.

I started walking and they followed me.

"But how abo--" - Jun

"No buts. I'm going to watch you perform." I said so they stopped talking.

We entered the back door leading to the backstage. The other contestants looked at us when we entered the room.

"And now, before we announce the winner here's a special number from Seventeen!" - MC

They clapped their hands and the girls screamed.

After they danced to the song, Sorry Sorry and their version of Bang by After School, they were all sweating. I got their towels and gave it to them.

"What can you say?" - Hoshi

"Great. Full of energy and much better than you practiced." I smiled.

"Chae Min." I looked at Seungkyoon. Her eyes were swollen from crying.

I remembered I saw her with Jinhong earlier and he was holding her wrist. Thinking about it makes me... nevermind.

"Oh hey, where have you been?" I faked a smile.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I wasn't here when you performed. I-I wasn't able t-to cheer you up." She stammered a lot huh.

"That's right. I know, maybe you are busy with some things or, SOMEONE." Her eyes widened. She was being obvious. One thing that answered my question.

The boys didn't say a word to her and just looked back at the stage.

"And now let's announce the winner. 3rd runner up goes to Class 3-B." We clapped our hands.

I felt Seungkyoon went out of the backstage.

"2nd runner up goes to Class 1-C." The runner ups was given a sash and a medal.

"The 1st runner up, goes to... *drum rolls* Class 4-A!"

I'm not going to win but it's fine, I did my best.

"And the winner will receive a certificate and a trophy from no other than Kim Jinhong. She will going to represent our school at the MBC Battle of the Best next month, Mr. Kim please come up here on stage and announce the winner." - MC

"Why of all the judges he's the one who will announce it?!" - DK

"Let's go." I said.

"The program is not yet over." - Hoshi

"I'm not going to the stage because I'm not going to win." They know what I'm talking about.

"Why not?" - Vernon