36. Sunrise & Sunset

Third Person's POV

After having fun in Coex Mall with Jeonghan and Chae Min's father, Seventeen went back to their dorm.

"Mingyu, did you have a conversation with Chae Min earlier? How was it?" Jun sat beside Mingyu.

"The last time we walked home together, she said that she's going to be worried about me if ever I'll get hurt." The others sense that there was something wrong with Mingyu's voice so they gathered around him.

"But she can't see that I'm in pain because of her." Mingyu combed his hair using his hand.

"I wanted to know if she feels the same way too but I was wrong. She said she doesn't even like me. I guess I'm not good enough." He leaned back on the sofa and let out a heavy sigh.

The other members looked at him worriedly.

"She rejected you?!" S.coups shouted because he just can't believe that Chae Min will do that after what they have seen between them.

"She apologized to me for being cold and for not talking to me, to us in school earlier so I teased her and said that she was just jealous the reason why she walked out yesterday. I told her that maybe she likes me that's why she got jealous but when I said that, she looked at me directly in my eyes and said that she don't." Mingyu's voice became a little deeper than normal. In his mind, he was blaming himself for taking the risk at the wrong time.

"Aw, I thought you are okay for noona." - Dino

"Maybe for all of the things that you two did together mean something to her but she can only see you as a friend for now." - Joshua

"Maybe it was just a joke?" - DK

"But her voice.. and eyes.. it says the truth." He seemed almost on the verge of tears so he covered his eyes using his arm.

"I'm going to talk to her." Wonwoo was about to go out when S.coups stopped him.

Meanwhile..

When the Yoon family arrived at their house, Chae Min immediately went to her room. She changed her clothes and she sat on her bed.

She started to ponder if she will explain what she said to Mingyu or not.

While looking on her phone, she received a message from Joshua.

Text Message:
From: Joshua Hong
"I know you didn't mean it, but why did you say that?"

At first, Chae Min didn't know what Joshua was talking about but she realized that it was about of what she said to him.

"I'm sorry.." That was all she could tell him.

She turned off her cellphone and decided to go to the master's bedroom. She knocked and her Dad let her in.

"What brings you here little princess?" Her Dad put down the book he was reading and looked at her.

"Dad, I'm not a kid anymore." She whinned that made her Dad chuckle.

"I need to talk to you about something." She said and she sat beside him on the bed.

Her Dad took off his reading glass and lent her his ear.

"Sure, what is it?"

She told him what the real deal was earlier and she also told him about her current problem. She told him something he didn't expect so he just hugged her.