38. New Life

5 months Later..

After going to an interview, Seventeen went back to Pledis building. They started working at Pledis Entertainment when they won the group category award at MBC Battle of the Best 5 months ago.

"Happy Birthday Xu Minghao!" They greeted The8 because it was his 19th birthday.

"Blow the candles now and then make a wish." Jun gave the cake to The8 after he lit up the candles.

"To be an idol with you guys, that's the dream I've been wishing before but I already achieved it." The8  said while holding the cake.

"Just blow the candles if you don't have a wish anymore." S.coups suggested.

"Oh, I remember something I should wish." The8 made a wish before he blew the candles.

"What did you wish?" Woozi asked him and the guys got curious.

The8 get his phone from his pocket and showed them their group picture with Chae Min and Ice back then.

"Ah, noona. I'm curious of what she's right now." - Dino

"Dad called me the other day. He said that she's doing fine and I bet she's dating someone already." Jeonghan said so the guys looked at Mingyu.

When all of them arrived at the airport that day, they saw Mingyu sitting there alone. They all knew that they were late.

Hoshi, Dino, DK and Seungkwan cried that night. S.coups comforted them and told them they should go back to MBC building because the contest was not yet over. Wonwoo and Vernon sat beside Mingyu and they comforted him.

The moment they arrived at the venue was the exact time when the MC called them to come to the stage because they won. They received the trophy, cash and the contract to be an artist under Pledis Entertainment for 10 years.

Mingyu and Soo Hyang started dating 3 months ago. Since they are both an artist now, they let the public know that they are dating while Seungcheol and Seungkyoon's relationship is still kept from the public.

"I'm happy for her." Mingyu uttered as a response to Jeonghan and he get the knife to slice the cake.

"Mingyu hyung, The8 must be the one to slice the cake first!" Seungkwan complained but he was late because Mingyu got a slice on his plate already so The8 just laughed.

"Okay boys, your last promotion of your album Boys Be will be tomorrow. After that you can go back to your school." - Staff

"How about the sasaeng? The reporters and paparazzi?" S.coups asked.

"Don't worry, the guards will secure the school that no outsider even the reporters can go inside your school without our permission." - Staff

"That's great." - Joshua

"To be an artist is really difficult but it's fun." - Hoshi

After the conversation with the staff, they started to celebrate The8's birthday. DK and Seungkwan opened the party popper's and they started to eat.

Jinhong's POV

I'm here at the backstage waiting for her. Her schedules become hectic this week. She have loads of guestings and interviews.

"You surely love her Mr. Kim." One of the staff here said.

"Yes I do." I smiled at her.

Chae Min agreed to be my girlfriend because she wanted to see where this relationship go.

Since that night she went to America with her Dad, I decided to follow her and cancelled all my schedules that Sunday morning.