Extra Chapter 10 (Vernon)

YOU as Chae Min.

“Hey Chae Min, move faster. We have a practice today.” Jeonghan called you downstairs.

You were getting ready to go to school when you couldn't find your ID.

“I can't find my ID! Go ahead without me!” You shouted back.

Jeonghan went to his car and he went to school. It was already 7:20 am when you decided to go to school without your ID. You will just say that you forgot it if the guard ask you where it is.

“God! I forgot that my car is still not fix yet! Geez.” You sighed as you went out of your house.

You walked faster and ran because you were already late. You kept on running and didn't notice that a car was about to hit you when someone pulled you and you both fell on the ground. You opened your eyes and saw Vernon, you were on top of him.

“H-hey Vernon, I-I'm sorry.” You said as you stood up.

“It's okay. Why are you running anyway noona?” He asked.

“I'll explain later. Let's g---” He pulled you again because a motorcycle was about to hit you.

“Noona, be careful. It's not because you are already late, you need to risk your life like that.” He scolded you.

“Mrs. Jung needs me today, and I couldn't find my ID.” You groaned because your day was getting worse.

“You can't enter the school without your ID so why do you need to hurry? We are both late now so let's go somewhere else instead of school.” Vernon held your hand and you went to the mall.

“Someone from school might see us here. If that happens, we are doomed.” You said but Vernon just ignored you.

He bought two Starbucks coffee and he gave the other one to you. You were both drinking it while wandering around.

“Hey, is that Vernon from Seventeen and the singer Charmaine?” - Girl 1

“Are they dating?” - Girl 2

Vernon heard it so he looked at you and he smiled when you didn't react at all.

You were so lost in thought, where did you lose your ID? Why were you in the mall skipping class? And the fact that you almost died if it weren't for Vernon.

“What's the matter?” Vernon asked you. His face was just an inch away from you so you stepped back.

“Let's go home.” You just wanted to go home since you already skipped the class.

“Not yet.” Vernon smirked and he pulled you to the arcade.

“Let's play basketball. If you beat my score, let's go home. If not, you will call me Hansol.” He suggested.

“That's it? Deal!” You replied confidently.

“I mean, you will call me Baby Hansol and I will not call you noona if it's just the two of us if I win.” Vernon grinned.

“H-hey!” You blushed because it was embarrassing if you will call him Baby unless you two are dating.

Vernon started to play and his score was 118.

“Easy. It's your turn now noona.” He got this smug look on his face so you just gave up.

“I-I can't beat that. Let's go home Baby Hansol.” You blushed when you called him that and Vernon just chuckled.

You two went to Pledis because it was what your Baby Hansol wanted.

“Oh Vernon, Chae Min, what are you doing here?” - Doogi PD

“We are late and Chae Min lost her ID.” Vernon didn't call you noona and you thought that he was really serious about the deal.

“I see. Stay here then.” Doogi PD said and he went out of the building.

Your cellphone rang.

“Chae Min! Where are you?! Why are you absent? Are you okay?” Mingyu called.

“Ah, yes. I'm fine.” You answered.

“Chae Min, let's eat my treat.” Vernon stood up.

“Who's that?” Mingyu asked.

Vernon suddenly grabbed your phone.

“Hansol, give it back.” You told him to give your phone back but he just smirked.

“Not Hansol.”

“Fine! Baby Hansol, please give my phone back.” You rolled your eyes and he gave you your phone back but the call was already ended.

Vernon pulled you to a restaurant where Seventeen usually eat and he ordered ramen for the both of you.

“Why did you do that? Why did you stop me from going to school? Why did you make that stupid deal? For what? Huh?” You started to get upset with him because he was behaving differently from what he used to.

“Calm down Chae Min. I know the Vernon in front of you right now is not like me. You know, I didn't have a chance to talk to you alone because Mingyu hyung is always in my way. Your ID, it fell from your neck when you were walking downstairs yesterday and I have it *shows your ID* and earlier is not a coincidence. I really planned to be late today because I know that you're going to be late searching for your ID and then I saw you walking so I followed you. I did it all because I want to spend time with you, even just today. I want to be a man for you just today.” He confessed.

You didn't know what to say. The Vernon you knew was really different from the guy you were talking to.

“Hansol..” You mumbled.

“But I think my time is over.” Vernon said and he looked behind you.

“Hi Mingyu hyung! I just borrowed her for a while.” Vernon was back to his old self.

You looked back and you saw Mingyu, he was really angry. He punched Vernon on his face and he fell down on the floor.
▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪
"Oh sh*t!" Vernon suddenly woke up.

"Hey, don't curse S.coups hyung might hear you." Mingyu said and he continued working on the lyrics for their new song.

Vernon fell asleep while working on the lyrics in the studio.

"Aren't you mad at me?" Vernon asked.

"No. Why would I?" Mingyu looked at him.

"Yes, I admit that I like Chae Min noona too but I won't steal her from you, ever!" Vernon shook his head.

Mingyu bursted out laughing.

"What are you talking about? I know you all like her too and I don't need to get mad about that because she is really likable. And you are my friend, her friend, I know that you'll never do that." Mingyu smiled at him and he tapped his shoulder.

Vernon felt relieved. He got his phone and there was an unread message so he opened it,
“Thank you for the treat today Baby Hansol ^^”
- Chae Min

“What?! O_O” - Vernon
--*