Chapter One

This is my second fanfiction. If you have no idea who I am or why I even bother writing for you guys, just roll with it. BTW, check out my other fanfic, Percy Jackson Meets the Electroclan, now called Shockwave, which is complete, and my other two fan fictions, which are just getting started. At this point, you may stop reading the bold and skip to the story.

Percy's POV

Woo! Just saved the world! Who's awesome? We are! No casualties... um except Leo. But something in my gut says he's not dead. When you're a demigod, you learn to listen to your gut. Well, unless you're me. I don't learn unless a monster teaches it to me the hard way. So it's a good thing you're not Percy Jackson! Hm. Getting a little off topic...

I'm just walking with my awesome girlfriend on the beach. No big deal. Play it cool, Perce.

"So Annabeth," I look at her expectantly.

"Yeah, Seaweed Brain?" She doesn't even look at me from her place on my shoulder. How rude.

"We just came back from a war," I trail off again. Finally, she stares at me.

"And?" You know, most boyfriends would hate it if their girlfriend was as sassy as this, but me being Persassy, the epicest, most sassiest person in the world, she's still not as sassy as me. So I don't care. Deal with it.

"Well," I smile at her slyly, "Remember when you said, 'Come back alive, Seaweed Brain. Then we'll see.' I believe you owe me a kiss."

"That was a year ago, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth laughed. Man, I loved that laugh.

I shoot her my best baby seal face, "So you're not gonna do it?"

Annabeth put her hands in my hair and behind my head, "Now, Perce, I think we can do better than that."

Her lips crashed into mine. Let me tell you, it was like Elysium. Too bad for you losers, you'll never get to experience it. Well, the Annabeth part, not the Elysium one. Soon, we were just making out on the beach. Who cares? We just took out an evil earth primordial. We should at least get a little free time.

Eventually, Annabeth pulled away. I pouted at her. She just smirked. A- Wha- How? Did she just resist my baby seal face? Gods, I gotta tell Piper and Jason. Whoo. Starting to hyperventilate here.

"We should get going, Perce. The harpies won't care if we recently saved the world. They'll shred us anyway." Annabeth said matter-of-factly, like getting killed by your camp security was normal. Now that I think about it, it kind of is.

"Fine," I pulled her up to her feet. She looked a little too triumphant. I've got the perfect solution.

I slung her over my shoulder and ran as fast as I could, ignoring her death threats. "Perseus Jackson, I swear to the gods if you don't put me down, I will send you to Hades the hard way!"

That was not a threat I take lightly. It didn't matter, we were at the Athena cabin, anyway. Annabeth dropped lightly to her feet on the steps of her cabin. "'Night, Seaweed Brain." I kissed her goodnight and went to my cabin.

I was so exhausted, I didn't even care that I was still in my ripped jeans and camp t-shirt. I flopped down onto my bed and slept a dreamless sleep.

Ha! Yeah right. How many of you believed that? None? Well, that's depressing.

I was in Tartarus. That place had no blue cookies. I can't even imagine it. It's TERRIFYING!

Tartarus was standing in front of me and Annabeth. My sword clattered out of my hand. Again?!?! If we ever get out of here, Annabeth will never let me live that down.