Chapter Four

Percy's POV

How long does it take to sort a couple of eleven-year-olds? I mean really! I was so bored I was pacing around the hallways. Once, I even swung Riptide when I was sure no one was looking. Finally, I decided to Iris Message Annabeth.

Her image appeared in the mist. Her being Annabeth, was currently crushing someone in the arena. She pinned her on the ground, her dagger at her throat.

I met Carmen's eyes and winked. Then I yelled, "Annabeth!"

Annabeth jumped, startled. "Percy!" She exclaimed, "It's about time you called, Seaweed Brain!"

Carmen put her sword at Annabeth's neck and she looked at me in fake hurt, "Percy! You set me up."

I shrugged, "You're not here to kill me, so what the Hades."

She laughed, "Well, you know me well enough to expect this." She kicked the Carmen in the stomach, making her double over.

Then she glared, "You ready to surrender, or do I have to beat you again?"

Carmen giggled, "I guess I should have expected this. Thanks for the help, Perce." She raced off.

"Guess who's here, Wise Girl," I said, wiggling my eyebrows, "Luna Lovegood."

Annabeth growled. "Skittles is a witch? She never told me! That girl is gonna get it when she comes back this summer." Annabeth said, pounding her fists.

"Perseus Jackson!" I heard McGonagall call out.

I smiled at Annabeth apologetically, "Sorry Owl Face. Gotta go get sorted. I'll IM you as soon as I get the chance."

She grinned, "Love you, Seaweed Brain. Good luck." She blew me a kiss and cut the connection.

I shook myself, "So ready for this."

I burst in the door, "Wassup, Hogwarts!" Half of the girls fainted. Was I that scary? The rest were laughing and twitching at me. No one at camp treated me like this. I bet it was a British thing.

I was so glad 'Mione drilled Hogwarts into my head. It would've been embarrassing as Hades if I called them all Pigfarts.

I strode forward from all the way across the Great Room. There was a tattered hat about fifty feet away sitting on a stool. When I was about twenty feet away, the hat screamed. Yes, it screamed.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" It yelled. I froze, my foot still suspended in the air. I thought I'd seen it all, but nothing prepared me for a talking hat.

Then it started wailing, "More loyal than any Hufflepuff! Street smart, perfect for Ravenclaw! But the answer is clear. GRYFFINDOR! GET AWAY FROM ME! YOU'VE SEEN TOO MUCH! MORE THAN EVERYONE IN HOGWARTS COMBINED!"

Finally, it calmed down a little, "You know, if you want mental help, I've got just the person."

I scratched the back of my head, "Um..." I walked over to the Gryffindor table and sat next to Hermione. Everyone was staring at me. I turned to Ginny, "Was this like, weird, or something?"

I get it. The Seaweed Brain question. Of course, it was weird. Ginny shook her head, trying to form words, "No one's ever been sorted that fast. You were like, twenty feet away."

Harry glared at me, "No way Pretty Boy's seen so much that he'd be Gryffindor. What's the worst you've ever seen, Jackson? A bloody nose?"

To his obvious surprise, I grinned. In a falsetto, I squealed, "I'm Harry Potter and I'm the CHOSEN ONE! I've had so much more tragedy than everyone else! I can't accept that someone's different because I'm obviously soo amazing!"