Chapter Fourteen

Percy's POV

When the light faded, I could see Piper in her Camp Half-Blood T-Shirt, looking a little grouchy.

She whined, "Do I really have to be here? I'm supposed to be helping Aph-" Her voice faded as she stared at the class. "Um, supposed to be helping Alfonzo with the Chipotle place on Sixth."

I waved, "Hey. Nico needs help teaching us about the Greek Gods. He's not mature enough to be a teacher."

Piper snorted, "Neither are you."

I looked to Annabeth for support, but she just shrugged in agreement with Piper.

Hermione's mouth was open in shock, "How did you even get here?"

Piper wiggled her fingers, "Magic."

Ron tilted his head, terrified, "Muggle Magic? How does it work?"

Piper doubled over, laughing, "I'm sorry, did you just say muggle?"

Ron narrowed his awestruck eyes, "Yes, is there something wrong with that?"

Piper nodded, "Yeah. Anyway, a true magician never spills her secrets."

Hermione raised her hand, "Well, obviously there are hidden spotlights around the room, blinding us so that Professor McLean could walk into the room undetected."

Piper winked at me, "Well, we can't get anything past you. That's definitely how I did it."

Nico shoved his face into his hands, "Are we done here, or are we just going to talk about mortal magic all day? It's time to learn about the gods."

Piper grinned, "Sure, Professor Neeks." I snickered.

Nico rubbed his hands together, "Alright, who can tell me how many Greek gods there are?"

Harry raised his hand, smiling smugly, "Twelve."

Nico shook his head. His gaze swept around the room and he called, "Perseus!"

I glared at him, muttering, "Hundreds upon hundreds, Nicholas."

Nico took a step backward, confused, "But that's not my name."

I shrugged, "Now it is."

Nico paced around the front of the room, "Well, anyhow, he is correct. There are more Greek gods than we have ever cared to count. And yet, there were wonly a dozen that were majorly honored and worshipped. The Olympian Council, made up of who? Piper?"

Piper stared at her nails, "Zeus, Poseidon, Athena, Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Apollo, Artemis, Hera, Demeter, Dionysus, Ares, and Hermes."

I grunted. Some of them aren't as likable as others. I'm talking about you, Hera. The sky rumbled indignantly, if that was even possible. I stared up, thinking, Don't tell me you don't deserve it.

Nico nodded, "Yes. If I point to you, tell me a god and what his or her spheres of power are." He started with me.

I stood, "Poseidon, the god of the sea."

Annabeth went next, "Athena. The goddess of wisdom, crafts, and battle strategy."

By the end of how much suffering we had to go through for everyone to correctly name gods and powers, the class was nearly over.

The whole time, our wonderful helper, Piper, had just stood there, bored, and occasionally looked toward me and Annabeth.

Nico clapped his hands, "Alright. For homework, I want a presentation about which Olympian god or goddess would be your parent. You can only choose one, based on your talents and characteristics."