Chapter Five

Percy's POV

Okay, so this is totally not awkward. Totally not. I'm just sitting at the Gryffindor table and everybody's staring at me. Totally not awkward.

Except Harry and Ron glaring at me, so at least that's normal.

Ginny and Hermione are probably the most awkward. They know me the best, and they can't even talk to me. It's kind of sad.

Even some of the other tables are staring. Everyone's staring, everyone's awkward. Well, besides Luna. She knows what I've been through, so I can talk to her.

Finally, she walked over. Thank the Gods. I was starting to get bored. The Gods know what happens when I get bored. She stood in front of me, not saying anything. You too, Luna? Fine. I'll start. You just be like that, Rainbow Face.

"'Sup, Skittles?" I say coolly.

She frowns, "Have another night terror last night, Perce?"

I shrug, "Nothing big, just the usual."

Hermione peeks over, "Wait, this happens a lot?"

I breathe out, "Thank the gods! I thought you were giving me the silent treatment."

When she doesn't laugh, I pout at her, "Wait, you are giving me the silent treatment?"

I must have sounded pretty small and pathetic because Luna ruffles my hair. "Aww," she coos, "Poor wittle Percy getting ignored."

Hermione laughed at this. Come on! I'm funnier than Skittles! McGonagall started walking around, handing sheets to kids. Hermione gets so excited she starts bouncing in her seat.

I lean over to Ginny, since clearly, Hermione's giving me the silent treatment, which is so unfair.

"Hey Ginny," I say, "What's Hermione so excited about?" She looks surprised that I'm talking to her. I snap my fingers in front of her face, "Hey, Ginny. Talk to me."

She turns to me and blinks. Then she shakes her head like Mrs. O'Leary would get water out of her fur. It is so hard to stand next to her while she shakes her fur out. There is so much water. Oh, who am I kidding. Son of Poseidon, guys!

"Oh, Hermione gets really excited about school. McGonagall's handing out schedules." I groan. This is officially the start of school and the end of my freedom.

Ginny laughed. At least I know this one still talks. "The teachers aren't that bad. Well, except the potions master hates all Gryffindors. But sometimes the homework takes a lot of time. But that's why we have 'Mione."

That's why I have Annabeth. But since she's not here, I guess I'll just rely on Hermione.

McGonagall handed me my sheet. I squinted at it. "Hermione," I say, "What's my schedule say?"

She looks at me disbelievingly. "Percy," She starts slowly, "It's upside down." Well, that's embarrassing.

I flip it right side up and whine, "'Mione! I still can't read it. I have dyslexia. Can you make it like, Ancient Greek or something?"

Hermione stares at me. "It's okay," she says, "You have the same classes as me, so you can just follow me, Ron, and Harry around all day."

Harry glares at me, no surprise there. "Just watch, Death Eater," He threatens, "You're not so great. I'll crush you in Care of Magical creatures, Ancient Greek, and every other subject."

I roll my eyes. There is no way he's beating me in Ancient Greek. "Idiot," I say in Greek, "Greek is my first language." Harry looks at me strangely. From the Ravenclaw Table, Luna snorts. Oops, maybe that was a little too loud.