Extra Scene: Meeting the Parents

I told you guys I'd be back. BTW, my Percy Jackson Twin story is up and running with a fourth chapter on the way so if you could check that out, that'd be great, too.

Third Person POV

"Percy, I'm nervous."

"Why would you be nervous? It's just my mom. She wouldn't hurt a fly." Percy paused and cocked his head, thinking. "Well, except for that time she killed a man. But that was only because he was abusive. Have you ever tried to abuse me?"

"Dude, I shot the freaking Cruciatus curse at you. Yes, I have tried to abuse you!"

"Oh. In that case, maybe you should be a little nervous."

Harry rolled his eyes at him. "Wow, thanks. You're a real comforter, you know that?"

"Calm down, Harry," Hermione said soothingly, "Mrs. Jackson was so nice to us when we first met her, remember? And that was when you were rude, and impolite, and hated her son's guts, and-"

Harry cut Hermione off. "You two are just so bloody inspiring, aren't you? I'm over freaking out and you guys are just telling me things like, 'Oh, Sally Jackson's killed a man" and 'Hey, you used to be a terrible person!'"

"She can use a shotgun pretty well, too," Percy mused.

"Not helping!"

Ron brushed some of his red hair out of his eyes as they rode the elevator up to Percy's apartment. "Chill out, mate. She'll feed us some cookies and we'll get to meet Percy's little sister, and we'll get to influence her enough that she won't become too much like her big brother."

"Hey!" Came Percy's indignant cry at the same time as Hermione's calm, "If she's anything like her brother already, she'll have forgotten anything we teach her by next week."

Percy ran his hands through his hair, shaking his head. "Guys, just go into the apartment. Annabeth's already in there, and my mom's got this super-sense when it comes to me getting home." He took Harry by the shoulders and shook him so violently that his glasses slid to the tip of his nose. "You are not going to die!"

"Well maybe I wasn't," Harry muttered, adjusting himself, "But I think you just gave me whiplash."

"Look," Percy said exasperatedly, "Why did you agree if you didn't want to meet my mom?"

"I thought I wanted to!!" Harry yelled, throwing his hands up, "I don't know, maybe I still do. But I hear that mothers have this sense of when their children are having a bad day. And guess what? I gave you a whole heck of a lot of bad days."

Ron slung his arm around his best friend, dragging him to the door. "Harry. Mate. We are not leaving until we get some awesome stupid stories about Percy. I am not going to grow up and tell my kids that I was a hero's sidekick for a year. I'm going to tell them all about, 'Hey, there was this one time your Uncle Percy got his head stuck in a bucket!'"

"That's weird," Percy said as he knocked on the door, "How are they going to tell the difference between me and your brother?"

"Huh," Ron says, stumped, "One of them is too much like an evil version of their mother and the other is almost as cool as their dad?"

Percy snickered as Annabeth opened the door to let them in. "Ooh, who's the mother, Ronald?"

"Yeah, Ronald," Hermione tagged on, "Who's the mother?"

Ron blushed a furious red, not willing to answer, and strode through the door, followed by the rest of his friends.

"Percy!" His mother called from the kitchen, "Will you come help me bring the cookies to the kitchen?"