Epilogue

Third Person POV

By the time the end of the year rolled around, Hogwarts had long since been rebuilt and classes were back in full swing, much to Hermione's delight.

Harry had gathered up the courage to ask Ginny out after a particularly successful Quidditch match, which created more celebrating than the actual victory had.

Percy and Annabeth spent nearly every second with each other following the events of Olympus. She had realized that to leave Percy alone for even a minute was to jeopardize the safety of the entire school. Especially since she had left Potions to take a bathroom break and came back to see Percy's cauldron melded to the table.

The voices that filled the Great Hall were quickly silenced by Dumbledore tapping his wand on his cup. He stood, Professor McGonagall quickly following his example.

"Students!" He declared, raising his voice, "Here's to another year at Hogwarts!"

A chorus of enthusiastic cheering met his eager words.

"Another war has been fought, and while we have lost some, we have also saved many. We have forged new friendships, gained new abilities, and conquered unforeseen enemies."

"And this is why we love Hogwarts!" Dumbledore exclaimed.

"Because in our darkest moments we come together and become a hero. For what is the point of being brave without having the wisdom to prevent you from being stupid? And what is the point of being either of those if you do not have the ambition to drive you to greatness? And is there any purpose in being heroes at all if first and foremost you are not loyal? Next to none of us are all of those things, but we come to Hogwarts to surround ourselves with people who are in order to leave an impression on someone around us. Separately, we are the personifications of incredible qualities, but together, we are the personification of incredible actions."

"To our graduating seventh years, I wish you godspeed as you make your way through life in a way that only Hogwarts could have prepared you for. I expect great things from all of you. The class that survived Harry Potter must be a force to behold."

"And to our continuing first years, a happy rest of your education here at Hogwarts, where you will, I suspect, no longer have to deal with the life endangering situations our more senior students often found themselves pulled into."

"Ah, and who can forget the demigods? Continue to live in peace. Create an era of prosperity and serenity to outlast the immortals."

The seventh years gathered together and rode the boats of their first year out to the Hogwarts Express, where the beginning of the rest of their lives would start.

Nineteen Years Later...

Five figures made their way across Platform 9¾ to the Hogwarts Express.

"Where are they?" The youngest of them whined. Her mother only patted her shoulder, quieting her.

"They'll be here soon. Count on it, Lily."

"Ow!"

"James Sirius Potter!" Ginny Weasley scolded as she watched her eldest son poke Albus in the stomach with his wand, "What in the name of the gods do you think you're doing?"

"I'm going to be just like my uncle. He was a hero. He's so awesome. Why do they have to live so far away?" The boy whined, mimicking a stab again.

"Gee, James," the voice of Ron Weasley came from behind him, "I never knew I was your idol. Consider me flattered."

James only rolled his eyes. "Not you, Uncle Ron. The cooler one. Who lives in America. Uncle Percy. We never get to see him anymore."

Albus grinned, "You're only missing him because you have a crush on Zoe. Thank Merlin they're not really related to us."

James blushed furiously, jabbing the tip of his wand at his brother again after having found no words to fire back with.

"Rose!" Albus cried after seeing his friend, "Are you excited? What house do you think you're going to get into?"

Ron looked down at his daughter, "Remember Rosie, if you're in Slytherin, we're disinheriting you. But no pressure." He yelped as his wife smacked him on the back of the head.

"Don't listen to him, Rosie. It doesn't matter what house you get into. You know, Harry and I were almost placed in Slytherin as well." All of the kids looked up at the two with wide eyes.

James slapped his brother on the back. "Just don't be a Hufflepuff. They can be so annoying sometimes."

"You know, James," Zoe Jackson said, "My dad was almost a Hufflepuff."

James spun around grinning, "Zoe! You guys came in time!" He slung his arms around the girl, smacking his younger brother for snickering when she couldn't see.

It had been agreed that demigods would come to Hogwarts for their first year, when they hadn't yet reached the age that monsters became attracted to them, and for their seventh, when they should be old enough to take care of themselves.

Though Zoe wasn't going to Hogwarts this year, it had been a tradition to see the Weasleys and Potters to their first day of school.

"Duh," she said, rolling her eyes, "Mom wouldn't let Dad be late again."

"Hey!" Percy yelled indignantly, "It was one time and totally not my fault. Ron told me the address was changed to Platform 9½!"

Ginny rolled her eyes at the son of Poseidon, who, despite being nearly thirty seven years old, still acted like a child. "And he made you run into a wall again. It hasn't been changed in hundreds of years, Percy. When will you get used to it?"

Hermione embraced him, asking, "Where's Annabeth? I thought she was supposed to come, too."

Percy only shrugged, "Luke's been sick the past couple of days. A shame, too, because Annabeth's been wanting to see all of you. I offered to stay home, but she was all like 'No! You can not let down the thousands of fans that line up just to see you!'"

Zoe nudged her father. "That's not what happened at all. You begged her to let you come and then you promised to read books to Luke until his fever settles."

Percy threw up his hands. "I swear, that boy's never going to get better. I gave him medicine, ambrosia, I doused him with water. Nothing works!"

Hugo and Lily winked at each other. On their last visit, they had slipped him some of their Uncle George's Fever Fudge to get him out of school. It had been working so far, and since the boy had his mother's brains, it made it that much more enjoyable to listen to Percy's attempts at reading.

A loud whistle was let out of the train, signalling that it was almost time to go. James, Albus, and Rose each hugged their parents and their American friends goodbye, then got onto the bus.

The remaining children noticed the stares of students from the windows of the train.

"They're staring at us. Why are they staring at us?" Lily asked her mother.

Ron flexed his still almost non-existent muscles. "It's me. I happen to be incredibly famous around here."

Hugo rolled his eyes, drawing a line in his mind from the eyes to his Uncle Harry and Percy. "No, they're looking at Uncle Percy and Uncle Harry. Why are they doing that?"

The two men exchanged tired smiles, not responding to the poor boy's question. He would hear the legends soon enough once he got to school. "No reason," Percy replied, "You're Uncle Harry was quite the notorious troublemaker."

"And your Uncle Percy was twenty times worse," finished Harry.

As the train sped away, Harry touched his lightning bolt scar, now accompanied by a straighter one on his jaw from the fight with Steven. He hadn't thought about either one in many years.

He looked around at his friends and family, smiling.

He hadn't had to worry about anything in nearly twenty years.

And he wasn't going to start now.