James Potter and the Kids of Olympus: Christmas Edition

So even though the first installment of James Potter and the Kids of Olympus was fifteen thousand words there was a lot I didn't get in there that I kinda wanted to.

So in honor of Christmas, or whatever you celebrate, I made a holiday special.

And also to shoutout @thatgirlariadne for making my awesome new cover.

Thanks for that.

Thanks to everyone who reads my stories.

Happy Holidays.

This is your present.

"No," Percy whined, "I don't wanna!"

"It's just to exchange presents and such. It won't even take that long, I swear."

"Will there be blue cake?"

"I don't believe so."

"Then noooo!"

"Percy," Harry sighed, "It's just one trip to Europe to celebrate Christmas. Not even on Christmas Day. Our kids want to see each other. Ever since Zoe and Ace and James graduated no one's been seeing much of anyone anymore."

That was true, at least. One year after their graduation Zoe had passed the DSTOMP with flying colors and enrolled into the University of New Rome in California, Ace was on the other side of the state trying to master the Sopwith Camels with Dr. Chase, and of course the wizards were still in Scotland.

"Do you even know how much last minute plane tickets cost, Potter?" Percy moaned, "I mean I know my kids will all go to college free, and I know the gods funded our house and Annabeth's running her own firm and stuff but that kind of money for one trip is ridiculous!"

Harry desperately wanted to reach through the Iris Message and strangle him, but restrained himself. Because accidentally cutting off the connection would stop him from screaming at the stupid pile of kelp.

"Dude!" He yelled. "You're a demigod and a wizard. You've got a broom. You've got Blackjack. You've got vapor and shadow travel and Apparating! Hades, you could probably get the gods to ship you here via Hermes Express. You've literally got nothing to lose."

"But-"

"No buts, Jackson," Harry scolded, "I want our families together for the holidays."

Percy's eyes lit up, frightening Harry so badly he wondered what he possibly could have said to inspire the next stupid idea the other man had.

"Then why don't you come to Camp Half Blood?" Percy suggested happily. "You get presents and I get blue food and everyone can reconnect and be happy and you guys can see Stella - wow that girl's like twenty four now, it's ridiculous - and it's totally a win win!"

"But Perseus!" Harry mocked, "Do you know how many Galleons I'm gonna blow on some stupid trip-"

Percy cut him off. "If you guys aren't here by next week I'm telling Mrs. Weasley you cursed in front of the kids again."

"Which kind of curse?"

"Magical and Profanity."

"Which Mrs. Weasley?"

"All of them."

"Kids! Pack your bags, we're going to Camp Half Blood!"

_______________

James just needed to get away.

He didn't care to where. Anywhere was fine, really. His Uncle Percy was always telling him how Uncle Nico swore China was wonderful this time of year.