Chapter Two

Hermione's POV

"'Mione!" Harry yelled from his new Firebolt, "You sure you don't want to play?"

I looked up from my book. Ron, Harry, and Ginny were playing Quidditch. Well, they were going to play. They don't have an even number.

"No. I'm reading Hogwarts: A History. Can't you get George to play with you?" I ask. Broomstick riding was never my cup of tea. Reading books about broomsticks. Well, that was another thing altogether.

Ron looked down at me, "You've read that book a thousand times!"

Ginny looked exasperatedly at her brother, "George is a little depressed."

I nodded. We were all trying to move on. But Fred was like George's other half. I can't imagine what he's feeling right now.

Dumbledore came into the clearing. Thank goodness. I'd almost gotten onto one of those things.

"Children. I have some news for the Order that you may want to hear." He looked kind of guilty. What? Was he gonna tell us that Voldemort wasn't actually dead? I refuse to believe it.

You know, time skips are amazing. They can bring you to the Black residence in no longer than it takes for you to finish reading the bold.

Everyone gathered around the table. Dumbledore looked at the adults, "I know where Sally Jackson is." Sirius jumped up from his seat.

"Wait. You know where Sally is?" I raised my eyebrow at him. Did He know this random stranger?

"Yes, and I have some news for you. She's-" He faltered. Could it be that bad? Dumbledore took a breath and continued, "She's Voldemort's daughter."

I felt my head getting fuzzy with rage. As I opened my mouth to say something, Harry exploded.

"THAT PIECE OF SCUM DESTROYED MY FAMILY! What gives him the right to have one!?!" His face was red and his green eyes blazed with fire. I agreed with him.

Sirius looked shocked, "But Sally's the nicest, bravest Hufflepuff in the world," he looked at us, "She was our friend growing up." By 'our', I knew he meant the Marauders. Maybe she wasn't so bad.

Dumbledore nodded, "She is currently in New York. Sally has always remained loyal to us. But, she has a son who hasn't discovered what he is yet. We hear that the free death eaters are going to try to turn him. So, we're going to bring him to Hogwarts."

Ron's face was nearly as red as his hair, "Bloody hell! Do you really want to keep him on the same property as Harry? How do you know he's not like his grandpa? I reckon he's an evil piece of sh-"

His mother looked at him, "Ronald Weasley! Language!"

He bit his lip and shrunk down in his seat. If I weren't so mad, I would have laughed. Nothing like a mother's death stare to shut a kid up.

Dumbledore looked at us, "I've been in recent contact with his mother. He has no idea that he is a wizard. Sally has agreed to let us take her son to Hogwarts, where he'll be sorted just like any other student. He will be in your year and I expect that you will not show any prejudice against him for the crimes of his grandfather. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny will come with me now to take him."

We grabbed his arms reluctantly and Apparated to New York.

We appeared on the doorstep to one of New York's many apartments. Dumbledore knocked on the door. I nice-looking brown haired lady opened the door for us.

She smiled at Dumbledore and motioned us inside.

I don't know what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't this. It was a nice little apartment with flowers blooming on the windowsills and painted a bright and merry shade of blue. The smell of fresh baked cookies filled the air and happy pictures of a boy's childhood lined countertops.