Extra Scene: Valentine's Day Special

For those of you who recognize this chapter, yes it did used to be Chapter Twenty Seven that I wrote for Valentine's Day that I then realized had nothing to with the actual plot and changed into an extra scene.

Have fun, stay awesome.

Percy's POV

Valentine's Day. Way too red and pink and fluffy if you ask me.  I get that some people need this day to celebrate their girlfriends or boyfriends, or in Harry's case sulk in the corner because he doesn't have a date, but isn't it enough of a gesture every time I save her life or vice versa?

But when you think about it, maybe I do need to do something extra to thank her for being awesome. And when it really comes down to it, it's our first Valentine's Day together, you know, since Hera didn't kidnap me this year. Annabeth deserves something big. I need someone's help.

Who else was I supposed to turn to? The first person I went to was Nico. "Neeks!" I yelled, running into his classroom, "I need your help!"

He scowled from his place behind his desk, "Shocker. What do you want, Kelp Head?"

I paced in front of him. "I have no idea what to get for Annabeth!"

Nico raised an eyebrow. "Is it her birthday?"

"No," I said, confused.

"Christmas?"

"No."

"Groundhog's Day?"

"No."

"Then who in the name of the Hades cares?"

"It's our first Valentine's Day together." I told him.

"And?"

"Annabeth's so great!"

"And?"

"I want to do something for her."

"And?"

I turned to him, frustrated. "You're no help at all!"

He smirked, "I never would have guessed." I huffed dramatically and marched out of his classroom, my irritation seeping away the farther I got from the son of Hades.

I found Luna in the Library with Hermione and Ginny, where they were reading about Transfiguration. "Percy," Luna greeted, her voice lax and slightly dazed, "I was wondering when you'd show up asking for help."

I looked at her strangely, "How could you possibly know that?"

She smiled, "The Nargles were flying in your head yesterday."

Hermione put down her book. "What's up, Percy?"

I pulled out a chair and sat. "Valentine's Day for Annabeth. It's our first one."

Her mouth fell open. Ginny was so surprised she fell out of her chair.

I stared down at her, "Now why would you go and do a thing like that?"

She popped back to her feet, brushing herself off. "First? As in you two haven't even been together a year?"

I counted on my fingers. "Well, if you don't count the eight months Hera kidnapped me or the two months we spent trying to save the world after we reunited, then it's eight months, give or take."

Luna grinned, "Well, if you do count the time the Camp's spent shipping the two of them together, it's been five years this June."

I stared at her. "You guys thought that Annabeth and I would get together since our first quest?"