Chapter Fifteen

Two questions before we start. Please answer them in the comments.

1. Is the length of each chapter okay?

2. Is the amount of wait time between updates okay?

Thanks.

Percy's POV

After Hermione excused herself to go to the library, I didn't know what to think. That was the second time today. Why does that girl spend so much time in the library? I mean, really. It's just a dusty old room, filled with dusty old bookshelves, filled with dusty old books, that are filled with dusty old... Wait, that doesn't make sense. Let me start over. Filled with dusty old books, that are filled with worthless information. That's better. So what I'm saying, is that the library is just dusty and old.

I looked at Annabeth, "What was that about?" She shrugged, her eyebrows furrowed and her lips pressed in a thin line. "What are you thinking?" I asked her, "That's your, I've got a really crazy idea look."

Annabeth shook her head, "Nothing. It's just, what if she's on to us?"

I let out a laugh. "I was right, that is crazy," I said, scoffing, "It's probably something else. I mean, she's only the smartest witch in her year and we've only been slipping up about three times a day. Besides, it's not like she even knows demigods exist because she doesn't even know about the Greek gods."

Annabeth nodded, as if waiting for me to come to a conclusion. When I realized what I'd said, I gasped in horror, "What if she's on to us?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes. She sighed, "Why did I ever start dating you?"

I wiggled my eyebrows, "Because I'm hopelessly irresistible."

She put a finger on my chest, "That, you aren't."

Harry walked through the portrait, Ron on his heels. He jutted his chin out at Annabeth. "'Sup?" he greeted, "Why's your finger on Jackson's chest?"

Annabeth looked him in the eye, "Hey. Why's your head in the clouds?" I chuckled under my breath. And she calls me sassy. Puh-leaze.

Ron tilted his head, "Where's Piper? Isn't she staying at Hogwarts?" He was almost too excited.

Annabeth shook her head, "Nope. She went back to America. Something about a certain red-headed kid being too interested."

Ron looked at the ceiling, thinking. He pounded his fist into his other hand, growling. "Cameron Carter is into my lady?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes, looking at me, "This doofus is almost dumber than you."

I raised my eyebrow, "Almost? I'd like to think that I'm smarter than Redhead Ronald."

She laughed. Man, I loved that sound. Harry was staring at my Wise Girl, almost drooling. He sat down on the couch next to me, pushing me off. Well, he tried to.

His open palms slammed into my arm with the strength of a newborn panda. Let me just tell you, a marshmallow hurts more than this kid.

I looked at his face, which was growing red with frustration, and raised an eyebrow, "Do you mind?"

Harry looked up at me, "Why are you so heavy, Jackson?"

He was panting hard as his feet uselessly scrambled on the carpet. I brushed his hands off of me. I stood up, pulling Annabeth with me.

"Come on, Wise Girl," I said, "Let's go to... let's go to the..."

Annabeth sighed, "The library. We've got to go meet up with Hermione, remember?"