Chapter Sixteen

Percy's POV

A couple of weeks had passed since the whole, 'Snape said we're better than the whole eighth-year' incident. And honestly, that didn't make us too popular with the general population. And by 'general population', I mean Slytherins and Harry and Ron. Although, everyone else thought we were really cool for being the only Gryffindors Sev liked. He really is biased. 

Also, Nico says that we're presenting our 'Who's our Greek Parent' projects today. I love how he didn't tell us when it was due and out of nowhere, went, "Hi. Did you have a good day today? Oh yeah, and you're presenting our projects today." 

He clapped his hands together. "Who wants to go first?" Annabeth and Hermione's hands shot into the air. Surprise, surprise, the Athena kids would like to go first. 

Nico pointed at my Wise Girl and said, "'Kay. You may go first." Although, I could've sworn he addressed her as Mrs. Jackson under his breath. I shot him a glare and he grinned innocently at me. Annabeth pulled out a history book picture of Athena that did not match her at all and started her presentation. 

"My Greek parent would be Athena. She is the goddess of wisdom, crafts, and battle strategy. My strategy has been tested many times at camp for games like Capture the Flag and the Battle of the Labyrinth." 

I shouted, "She always wins. It's not fair." 

Nico rubbed his arm, "It's true. Now be quiet, Perseus, and let Ms. Chase finish her presentation." 

Annabeth nodded formally at Nico. "Also, I have a somewhat natural talent for weaving, much like Athena did. I once made a ladder out of toy swords and scarves. Also, despite having dyslexia, I had the top grades in sophomore year." 

You have to remember that Annabeth didn't go to junior year because of my going missing. It was a wonder she even made it to sophomore year because she usually stayed at camp year round. 

"For these reasons, I think that Athena would be my godly parent." The class clapped, not because it was an exciting and awesome presentation, but because that's what kids do. They pretend to listen and clap when they think it's over.

Hermione's hand shot up into the air again and waved around frantically. 

Nico waved her off, "No, Ms. Granger. You may not go next. I think we all know who you chose and would not like to hear another Athena presentation." 

Our class was right next to the owl posts and, as we heard them squawking frantically, Nico hastily added, "Not that she isn't an amazing goddess." 

They quieted down. I'm willing to bet that if I had said it, they would've full on attacked the room until I was covered in bird poop. 

I groaned, "How about we skip all of the presentations because this is kind of boring." 

Nico frowned at me, "You're going next, Percy. Get on with it." 

I planted my hands on the table, "Alright, alright, Death Breath. Stop rushing me. I chose Poseidon, the god of the Seas, because of my connection to horses. I have always loved horses and since Poseidon created horses, I think he would've been a great godly parent. Also, I love the sea, one of the spheres of power that he rules over. I share physical traits such as black hair and sea green eyes that also relate to Poseidon. Am I done now, Neeks? Am I done now or do I have to get Skittles in here to convince you that I'm allowed to be done?" 

Nico gulped, putting his hands up. "Fine. Who's next?" 

I literally zoned out for the rest of the period. I twirled Riptide around in my fingers and occasionally dropping it on the floor just to give me a reason to get out my seat. It was all I could do to not let my hair light on fire like Leo's. That boy's got issues. I mean, so do I, but I don't want to add spontaneously lighting hair on fire to the list. I really should've brought my portable blue cookies to class today. I never though learning about the gods could be this boring. Then again, it was the mortal version of the gods and not the actual gods. I wanted to be able to rant about how terrible Hera was, and how unfair Athena was, and how epic Poseidon was, but nooo. We had to stay within the mortal versions of the gods and talk about how they would be if they were somehow real as if they weren't already real.