Chapter Eight

Percy's POV

Okay. I guess these people never forget. I get that people would want to stare at me. I mean, I'm amazing, but this is a little too much.

All of breakfast, and now it's dinner and they just look at me. I mean, I skipped lunch, but I was sleeping. Don't judge me. I've had a long day.

But I had this weird dream that these witches were watching me. It was creepy. Then I woke up and I heard giggling, like the time the Aphrodite girls scribbled Percabeth in lipstick all over my walls while I was sleeping. That was kinda hard to explain to the Cabin Inspector.

Maybe all of this British air is making me hallucinate.

The wizards started whispering in their tables like I couldn't hear them or something.

I caught a couple of words here and there, like, "He jumped off a pegasus" and "He turned into a pegasus" and "He saved a pegasus's life". Word travels fast in Hogwarts. Also, I think they have a slight obsession with pegasi.

I walked up behind Hermione, who was talking to Ginny. Guess who they were talking about? Me. Of course. Why don't they talk about Potter? Argh.

Anyway, Hermione was telling Ginny, "Harry gave me this gash on my arm and Percy fixed it in less than a minute. You can barely even see it anymore. He did it the old-fashioned way, too. No magic or anything. Like he's done this before. Same with the pegasus and how he just jumped off of his like it was an everyday thing. Something about that camp."

I sat down silently behind her, "Oh, you know, 'Mione," I said, startling them, "I'm just awesome that way."

Ginny grinned, "Perseus Jackson! Why are you late to dinner, young man?"

I winked, "I got held up helping Professor Sprout, mom." I bowed my head, "I'm sorry." Ginny laughed and gave me a light shove.

I dug into my food, downing steaks and potatoes like there was no tomorrow. Who knows? I'm a demigod. For all I know, there won't be a tomorrow.

Suddenly there was a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, my mouth still full of stuffing.

"Ysh?" I managed, swallowing my food, "What is it?"

I saw the face of a girl in my year, smiling and blinking at me. What was it? Daisy Parks? Panties Barfinson? Yeah, that sounds about right.

"Hey, aren't you Panties Barfinson from Slytherin?" Hermione and Ginny smothered their laughter. Okay, so I got it wrong.

"Oh, wait. I'm sorry, is it Daisy Parks?" More laughter. I'm really bad at this. She just kept blinking at me, unfazed by my mispronouncing her name.

I shook my head, "What's your name again?"

She took my hand. This is strange. "I'm Pansy, Percy darling. Would you like to go out with me?"

I'm being hit on. What do I do? I have Annabeth and she's the best girl in the world. What do I say? Argh!

I removed my hands from hers, "I'm sorry, Pansy. I can't."

Hermione breathed out, making just enough noise for me to hear it.

Pansy pouted, "Is it because you're dating Granger? You can do better than that."

I felt my face flush, and Hermione's was even redder than mine.

"N-No! We're just friends. I just..." I stumbled over my words like the Seaweed Brain I was. I couldn't find a way to break it to her gently, so I looked down, embarrassed, "I just don't want to."