23 // Loving His Beast

Chapter Twenty-Three | The Announcement

BROCK POV

"A media appearance from Brock Lesnar is rare. You won't find countless interviews on YouTube like other WWE Superstars, and you sure won't be able to find him on any podcasts! Just like his in-ring appearances, him talking to the press feels like a big deal, and he never fails to make the most of the time he's given. After all, the last time Lesnar showed up on the show, he announced that he had signed a new WWE contract! And this time around, Brock Lesnar has returned to the show with his Girlfriend, Multitalented Superstar Danica Colace-Garica, who has a surprise for us." The host said.

"Despite having a persona in the WWE as an unstoppable and ruthless Beast, Brock is a hilarious and intelligent performer who has plenty of fascinating opinions and insights to share." The host continues.

"How much has Brock Lesnar changed as a professional in the years you've known him?" The host asked.

"When I first met Brock Lesnar, he was the NCAA Division I heavyweight champion - then broke into an entirely different genre of entertainment instead of competitive athletics, which goes along with his desire to have the best match every single night. He damn near killed himself in the ring, not just doing the Shooting Star Press at WrestleMania [XIX], but every night he damn near killed himself. Emotionally and psychologically, and maturity-wise, I don't think anybody at that age of 23-24 fresh out of college is going to be prepared for the rigors of being on the road 300 days a year. Never seeing your family, especially on holidays, and having to deal with broken ribs and blown-out knees and fractured ankles and broken fingers - which he had - and refuse to miss any dates because he was advertised." Danica said.

"Before I continue, Danica, I noticed that you're expecting." The host said.

"Yes, I'm four months pregnant," she said, smiling.

"Brock, how do you feel about becoming a father again?" The host asked

"I feel great. I'm always ready for a challenge when it comes to raising children. I'm pretty lucky to be having a child with this pretty lady next to me." I said.

"Is there a wedding in the future?" The host asked.

"I don't know." I said truthfully.

"We talked about it, but we just don't see it yet," Danica said.

"Danica, do you think Brock Lesnar is the most decorated athlete in WWE history? Do you think he can become the biggest star in WrestleMania history? Is he already there?" The host asked.

"Well, I mean Brock Lesnar certainly delivered the most memorable WrestleMania moment of modern times when he conquered The Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania XXX. I think that Brock Lesnar is not on the road 52 weeks a year, is not on Monday Night Raw every episode, is not performing 300 matches per year... I think that dictates to the public "Brock Lesnar is special." That an appearance by Brock Lesnar in and of itself is newsworthy, it's not commonplace. It's not something that should be taken for granted." She said.

"Brock, do you think the same about Danica? " The host asked.

"So, when Danica appears, even if it's just an interview segment, let alone on the rare occasions that Danica puts on her outfits and laces up her boots, you know this is a special event. It's not just another episode of WWE. Something substantive, something historic is going to happen. And that, I would suggest, if 100 years from now, if you look back at the biggest box office attractions in this industry, you're going to have to include Danica's name at the very top. She is a phenomenal woman and performer." I said.

"Well, that's all the time we have. Thank you, Brock, Danica for being on the show." The host said.