you did this

Kakashi's P. O. V.

(20 minutes before it happened)

My hands traveled over Naruto's body. His innocence was tempting me. Naruto shivered beneath my touch, not too sure how to respond to me.

I drew down my mask, exposing the lower half of my face to him. I'm not used to the feeling, but I ignore it. I leaned forward, taking him by surprise, and kissed him.

We could get in trouble for this, but it will be worth it.

"I love you," What I felt was more than just love. I wanted to spend my life with him.

I pulled back from him and waited for what he would say. Instead of finding joy or love, as I had hoped, I saw sadness. Why was he sad? We would be together and in love.

"We could get into trouble, Kakashi," His words feels like ice.

It doesn't matter to me, because I know that he feels the same way.

We lay there, embracing, and I caress his cheeks. His whisker birthmarks reminded me of a fox, my baby fox. I wasn't going to let anything happen to him.

(15 minutes before it happened)

I walked into the Hokage's office, having been summoned, wondering if I had a new mission. However, judging by the rather serious look on Lady Hokage's face, I knew it couldn't be anything good.

"Kakashi, we need to discuss a rumor that has been going around," Her voice echoed throughout my body.

I could feel my heart racing within my chest.

Sakura had found out about us and threatened she would tell somebody. We assumed Sasuke got her to stop, but maybe she still did it. She wouldn't dare tell anyone, would she? I guess I will find out.

"There's a rumor spreading about a Sensei and student being romantically involved. It wouldn't happen to be you she is talking about?" I could feel the sweat dripping down my back.

I had to come up with a good lie. I gained my composure back and said what I had to, for Naruto.

"No, however, I do have my suspicions about Gai,"

That was what I could come up with. It wasn't a lie. Gai and Lee did have a secret relationship that everybody knew of. But they never got in trouble. I had to say that for Naruto.

(5 minutes before it happens)

I have to tell him. Naruto is the first person in a long time I've allowed myself to feel this way for, and I couldn't have him get hurt.

I walked to his apartment, thinking of what I would say to him. There was no easy way to do this, but I had to.

"I am sorry. I love you, "That's not it," I loved you." I say out loud.

Just the thought of having to say these words to Naruto tore me up. Could I go through with it?

I looked at his door, my hand in a fist about to knock.

No, this can't be the only option. We could become missing-nin, and live our lives on the run. We could be happy. We could have love.

(2 minutes before it happens)

"Naruto, we need to talk." I found myself unable to look him in the eyes.

"I talked to The Hokage about rumors going around concerning a teacher and student relationship," I can't do this," We need to stop this." I can't see Naruto's reaction, but I can feel his confusion.

I could feel the stinging sensation in my eyes. Tears. They were tears, but I couldn't let Naruto know how much this killed me.

"Don't you love me?" He questioned.

I wanted nothing more than to wrap my arms around him, but that would only make it harder. I could go to plan B and run away with him. However, I found myself saying something else, something much worse.

( 0 minutes before it happens)

"I lied, I don't love you." The lie broke my heart.

I feel a sharp sting hit my cheek. Naruto had slapped me.

Tears fell from my eye, realizing what I had done. I had to take it back, but he beat me to it.

"If you tell me it wasn't real then you better leave right now," He's trying not to cry," We could run, together. If you want to, then come with me." His eyes pleaded with me.

I could run with him, but what if he got hurt? No doubt Konoha would come for both of us. I would never forgive myself if anything happened to him.

"You were a good fuck, and that was all. Goodbye, Naruto." I got up and started to walk to the door.

The tears still fell out of my eye. Naruto had to live without me, and he would. I had to make sure of that. I can no longer be his Sensei, and I will announce that at our next team meeting.

(Time skip)

I met up with my team at our training grounds. Naruto wasn't with them. I don't know if I expected him to show up, but I don't blame him. A part of me yearns for him.

"I will no longer be your Sensei starting from today on," I announced.

Both Sasuke and Sakura gave me looks of confusion and sadness. I didn't think they would care if I left. I know Naruto won't. Too bad he couldn't see it himself.

"So now there are only 2 people in team 7" Sasuke muttered.

They just shared solemn looks.

Only 2 of them? I could tell Sakura was suppressing tears, and Sasuke was showing more emotions then I had ever seen from him.

They were still here and in front of me.

"What happened to Naruto." I was afraid of what they would say. No. He couldn't have resigned from being a shinobi. Maybe he defected.

"He was found dead this morning. He hung himself." Sasuke choked out. 

The air got thinner, and the Gravity was weighing me down. I had caused him to die. Like Obito and Rin. I was the cause.

"You did this Kakashi." Sakura seethed. 

She was right.

"You did this Kakashi." Sasuke growled out. 

I killed him.

"You did this, my love." Naruto whispered. 

His eyes filled with tears. How was he in front of me? He was suppose to be dead.

"YOU DID THIS!!!!!!"

I woke up from my dream. I was drenched in sweat. I looked over to the side of my bed to see Naruto sleeping. Today was his 21st birthday, the day we would declare our love in front of the public. 

I remembered now, how Tsunade said our love was okay. How she gave me her blessing, and a very good beating for taking Naruto's innocence.

"It was just a dream. I love you Naruto." I whispered. 

He needed to know that. Even if he was asleep. Because I loved him more then I loved anything. 

Naruto stirred in his sleep, and boy did he look cute. I could already see the trouble my love would cause me.

"Troublesome," I whispered as I started falling back into a hopefully dreamless sleep.