8 | I Will Wait For You

I Will Wait For You

Naruto's P. O. V.

I looked at the man I loved. His eye smile made my heart jump all the way in to the heavens, but the ring on his finger brought me back down into hell. He was engaged to Iruka. I knew this day would come, judging by the way Iruka and him acted around each other. I wish I would have told him my feelings earlier on, but it was too late. I was the new Hokage, and I couldn't let love get in my way.

"Will you be there Naruto, at our wedding?" Iruka asked. I thought about it. Could I let the man I love, go? Of course i could, because it made him happy. I nod my head, my eyes focused on my paper covered desk. Tears were forming in my eyes, but I choke them back. I couldn't cry, not in front of them. And a Hokage shouldn't cry, that would be showing a weakness.

"Go, I have paper work." My voice turned ice cold. I could see Kakashi flinch, and Iruka said nothing. They nodded and left the room. I looked around, and made sure no one was watching. Then I let my tears fall. The water stung my eyes, and I was having a hard time breathing. How could I let Kakashi go, after all we have been through? Maybe it was for the best, but I loved him. But we could never be together, the age difference mattered in this village.

"Kakashi, if this is what you truly want, then I am ok with it." I whisper, still sobbing. I was not ok with it, but it wasn't my decision. I looked at the paper work I had to get done. But even that reminded me of Kakashi, since he was hokage before me. I couldn't do this anymore, I had been Hokage for 3 years now. I could give the position to Sasuke, but he seemed happy with Sakura. I was the only person that was truly unhappy.

^^^^^^Time skip to the wedding day(1 year)^^^^^^

Naruto's P. O. V.

I was the best man. Kakashi had chosen me, and I had accepted. My heart ached as saw him smile at Iruka. I had made up my mind about what I would do when they kissed. My forehead protector in my right hand. Everybody sat down as they were about to say their vows. I flinched every time Kakashi said something that was related to love. My heart broke every time he flashed his eye smile at Iruka.

"Do you, Kakashi Hatake, take this man to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The guy conducting the marriage asked. I begged him to say no, well not out loud. I wanted him to say no, but he said I do. And same with Iruka, and I knew that I would go threw with my plan.

"You may kiss the bride." I waited to see if Kakashi would do it, and he did. They both leaned in to kiss. My heart shattered, and the nine tails whispered thoughts to me. He doesn't love monsters. He will never love you. DO IT!. DO IT!! I wanted Kuruma to shut up, but I was going to do it still. I cleared my throat, signaling I was going to speak.

"I want to congratulate Kakashi and Iruka on the marriage," they both blush," and I have an announcement to make. As your Hokage, and in front of the whole village so you could witness it, I will......kill Iruka." and with that I was behind Iruka, and his throat was sliced. Screams filled the air, and the ANBU moved towards me. i looked at Kakashi, and hate filled his eyes.

"I am defecting from the village." I scratched out the leaf symbol on my forehead protector, and put it on. I could see my old teammates staring at me with fear. I smirked, all of my love gone. Kakashi screamed for Iruka to wake up, but he never did. I ran towards the forest, the ANBU right on my heels. But they weren't going to kill me. Only one man would kill me, and that was the man I loved. The man i use to love.

Sakura and Sasuke appeared in front of me, ANBU behind me, and Kakashi with Sakura and Sasuke. They all had hate filled eyes, the eyes that haunted me when I was a child. Kakashi stepped forward, his eyes puffy and red. I could feel my love coming back, but I quickly squash it out. Love was a weakness.

"Why Naruto? I loved him." his voice was soft and calm. I could feel my sadness filling up my body, and I let it. I started to cry, and everyone was shocked. i had never cried in front of people ever since I became Hokage. I was always cold and mean, so this was unexpected. I laugh a little, the tears making it harder then usual. I move towards Kakashi, so close that our lips were very close.

"I...Loved...You." I whispered to him, putting my lips on his. It was a small kiss, nothing to deep. He never pulled back, and I thought there was some hope for love. But then i felt a kunai pierce my stomach. Kakashi had stabbed me. i pull back from the kiss, and meet his tear filled eyes. The man I loved was going to kill me, and I was ok with that.

"I loved you Naruto, but you never showed affection towards anyone." He whispered. My vision was blurry, and nobody interfered with us. I collapsed, but Kakashi caught me. I smiled, thinking about how he had loved me. But he moved on, and I don't blame him. I wasn't going to kami's palace after what i had done.

"You could never Love me, so I let you go. They wouldn't allow it." I said out loud. I could feel the life slipping away from me. Kakashi chuckled, moving his mask so i could see his face. It was gorgeous. He placed his lips on mine, and kissed me. We could have been together, but I ruined our chances. I had to get jealous, and kill the man he loved.

"You were the Hokage, you could have changed that." He laughed against my lips. I could have, but I was consumed by hate and jealousy. And i would pay for that. i moved my hand to play with Kakashi's hair, loving the fact that it was so soft. Like a bunny. I pulled away from the kiss, knowing that I was going to die at any moment.

"I would have changed anything for you.......bunny...." i choked out, my eyes rolling back into my head. this is it. The end of Naruto. I could have had what I wanted. A family, and being hokage. But I would have to die instead, living in the afterlife with guilt. i could hear Kakashi's screams for me to stay alive, and Sasuke telling him to let me go. Sakura trying to bring me back.

Funny how the man that killed me, wants me back. But we both know I would have been executed or banned after what I did. But then a light appeared, and I saw faces. the faces of my comrades. And Kakashi. All of them were crying, and begging me to hang on. But I wasn't in my body. I was right in front of them, looking down. I then appeared at the gates of Kami's palace. I was forgiven for my crime, seeing that my good balanced out my bad.

"I love you Kakashi Hatake, and I will wait for you."