14 | Eyes

Eyes

Kakashi's P. O. V.

I ran across Konoha, searching for my little blonde. How could he? How could he do such a thing? I was surprised when I woke up in my own bed, and looked in the mirror. My eyes were not my own. In the place of my use-to-be sharingan and grey eye were blue eyes. Blue eyes that have showed so much emotions. Blue eyes that glowed at me in the war when comrades died. Blue eyes that I loved so much. Blue eyes that belonged to the ninja that did everything for me.

"Naruto, you dumbass" I said lowly. He shouldn't have done this for me. I reached the apartment that he stayed in, the building seemed to be falling apart. Well that was to be expected since we had gotten over a war. I knocked on the door lightly, trying to make sure the door wouldn't crumble at my touch. I wanted to see his face, to see him. I wanted to see his blue eyes, but I could no longer do that. I would have to look in the mirror for that. The door opened, revealing the ninja with his Hitai-ate covering his eyes.

"Who is it?" He looked around a bit before settling on my figure. I wanted to cry and punch him. He shouldn't have done such a thing for a scum like me. I am not worthy of seeing with his eyes. The pain of what happened to Obito was coming back, but I had to remind myself that Naruto wasn't Obito. Naruto was his own person, and he could make decisions on his own. Even is they were stupid and reckless. Even if they costed his life. But that wouldn't happen as long as I am alive.

"It's Kakashi.....your Sensei" I said lowly. A smile appeared on his whiskered face, and it was a warm smile. He stepped aside to let me in, and my heart sped up. His apartment was spotless, and very small. The bed was by the window, and his refrigerator was by the door. The bathroom was down a small hallway along with his closet. But it smelled of Naruto and Ramen. Of course it smelled of Ramen. This is Naruto we are talking about. He moved towards his bed, avoiding all obstacles.

"Kakashi sensei, I have been waiting for you" He said. I walked over to his bed and sat next to him. My own Hitai-ate was on my forehead, revealing his eyes. I wanted to punch him. Knock some sense into him. But I wanted to hold him, and hug him. I wanted to cry into his shoulder and thank him. He needed to know how grateful I was. But I could only smile at him, a smile he couldn't see. But I knew how I could make it up to him. I knew exactly what I would do.

"I know that I can never truly express how thankful I am, but this is the least I could do" My voice was now confident. I lowered the mask that covered my face. The mask that I kept on my entire life, only removing it for certain reasons. Nobody has seen my face outside of my family and a few others. Naruto tilted his head in confusion which made me laugh. He was so cute when he was confused. I took both of his hands and placed them on my bare cheeks.

"Kakashi.....your face......" He was surprised. He pinched my cheeks a bit to make sure this was my actual face. To make sure it was real. His hands moved to my lips, tracing them before moving on to my jaw. His face lit up and he smiled. A smile that melted my heart. A smile that I have come to love. I knew what he was to me when I saw the Kyuubi get ripped out of him. I knew that he was more then a student to me. He was someone I wanted to be with forever.

"It's the least I could do.." My voice trailed off as I watched him take off his Hitai-ate and showed his eyes. They were in slits. Black slits sitting in red. The Kyuubi's eyes. He smiled again and now I realized it was more like a fox grin. He cupped my cheeks again, and slowly pulled me closer. I didn't want to close my eyes, I wanted to look him in the eyes, I wanted to show him I cared. His lips connected with mine and I could only stare at him. He pulled back and his fox eyes seemed hurt. He thought I rejected him.

"Do you feel the same way about me?" He asked. He seemed like he was about to cry, and I didn't want that to happen. So I did the only thing I could think of. I pulled him back towards me, and kissed him. It wasn't super long, but it was a kiss to show that I felt the same way. I pulled back and looked him in the eyes. I wanted him to see that I was grateful for what he did. He deserved to see his beautiful eyes. They belonged to him. Just like how I would forever belong to him and no one else.

"You know, I am seeing for the first time? I am seeing for the first time with my new eyes. And I love looking at you. My little fox." I whispered to him. I pull him into a hug. I wanted to hold him. I anted to love him. Tears fell from my eyes, and spilled onto his shoulder. His orange jumpsuit darkened a bit from my tears. I pulled away and looked him in the eyes. But instead of the red eyes I was looking into grey eyes. The same color mine use to be. How?

"The Kyuubi healed my eyes, but I chose for them to be grey. Now we both have something that reminds us of each other,"he paused as he leaned forward," something that will tie us together. Something that will make our love real." And with that he brought me in for another kiss. A kiss of passion and love. Stupid Naruto. Falling in love with a Pervy Scarecrow like me. But at least I can look him in the eyes, and be reminded that this is real. Our love is real.

or is it?(Just kidding. It's a joke)